AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried this on my new 7000 and I still get the caution screen upon entering the map function. It doesn't happen if I turn the car off then on but if some time has passed, still appears.

I have successfully applied the supposed hack and even tried it set to on and off, same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Probably redundant but just did this on my NEX 6000 and worked perfectly, I didn't try without grounding the brake wire, I just grounded it, put the unit back in place, did the AV/Off/12 second press procedure and got the Set On message right away. The change seems to be permanent too. Thanks to the original poster!

The bypass on AVIC units has always been to ground the parking brake wire along with another proceeded to properly achieve the bypass so it is by habit that this is stil done. Quite frankly I feel Pioneer may eliminate this "software" bypass with the CarPlay update so this is probably not a bad practice sense it will likly be needed if they do change the bypass.

I tried this on my new 7000 and I still get the caution screen upon entering the map function. It doesn't happen if I turn the car off then on but if some time has passed, still appears.

I have successfully applied the supposed hack and even tried it set to on and off, same result.

What am I doing wrong?

That is by design. You will always get the Caution screen everytime you start up the car.  My OEM navigation in my truck had the same caution message every time I went into navigation mode. There is no way around it unless your an amazing programmer that will hack it and eliminate the code.

I never knew about this trick, while it's been stated it does not work on the 4000NEX...so I got an eBay bypass so I hope it works (only $10) if not, I will have to do the parking break ground thing I'm thinking.

for the 4000NEX the bypass relay will work. 

That is by design. You will always get the Caution screen everytime you start up the car.  My OEM navigation in my truck had the same caution message every time I went into navigation mode. There is no way around it unless your an amazing programmer that will hack it and eliminate the code.

Oh so this bypass doesn't eliminate that screen? I must have just assumed that's what it was for. Thanks!