AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 7000.  The installer grounded the parking brake wire and installed a bypass relay.  It worked for a few minutes.  Then the 7000 sensed motion, ostensibly via the gps unit, and the restrictions returned.  Applied the procedure for software bypass and it works.  My passengers can now operate the navigation unit while I am driving.

:mrgreen:

You might want to check to see if the installer charged you for the bypass. If he did you should get a refund sense it was the wrong bypass proceeder and it didnt work.

That's a great point.  I believe it was a $40 add-on.  My installers treat me very well - they've done work on all my vehicles for a few years and also the services I purchase as gifts for others.  Besides, I'm not happy with the 7000 due to the screen glare and my installer is OK with me paying the difference for the 8000 and swapping it out for me, no extra charge.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a great point.  I believe it was a $40 add-on.  My installers treat me very well - they've done work on all my vehicles for a few years and also the services I purchase as gifts for others.  Besides, I'm not happy with the 7000 due to the screen glare and my installer is OK with me paying the difference for the 8000 and swapping it out for me, no extra charge.  

I'm sorry but as an installer whos worked in the industry for close to a decade, its absolutely inexcusable to not know how to bypass a radio when there's sites like this (and you should have the knowledge of what each radio needs to "view video" to properly bypass). It's extremely discrediting, at least in my opinion (not to mention charging $40 for it, lol).

• 4 weeks later...

Did the bypass a while back ago thinking everything was ok. I thought it would let me do the navi while driving, but it didn't. Went to a video to check to see if bypass works still, and it didn't. So I did the process over again and this time it said "set off". Bypassed worked again until I went to the navi. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Ok hopefully you all can help me settle something. Ive been getting the "improper connection of parking brake" message, usually 2-3 times - every time I'm in the car. My buddy says it's because of how the bypass works and the Pioneer seeing the parking brake grounded when the head unit starts. But from what I'm reading here, some of you (or all of our and just did not mention) have seen this message, but it is not as common as my vehicle. I've spliced the parking brake wire into the head unit side of the harness at ground, and the vehicle side. I have soldered the connection. I'm about ready to go and do my own chassis ground just for parking brake. But before I tear the car apart (AGAIN!) I thought I would ask. Again it's not a problem if the screen is coming up, but it's just an annoyance and leads me to believe there is something wrong with my connections (or the unit itself?). Any feedback would be great!

I have the 8000NEX unit installed, just bought it about a month ago. I'm pretty handy with wiring, I've been in the mobile electronics industry for awhile.... so I know good wiring techniques from bad ones (at least I hope I do at this point). Just one of those situations that is making me scratch my head. My buddy butting into the situation is making me wonder more of what's going on in the background. It would make sense that anytime the vehicle would see movement it would want to lock out certain features for "safety", but with the bypass enabled it just wants to give you an annoying message?

Any feedback for peace of mind, whether I'm the cause of the issue or something else, would be great. Plus I've talked to the shop I bought the unit from and they said if I can figure out if it's something to do with the unit, they would let me return it and get a replacement. But I don't want to just blame the unit first, in the event it is something I did or another factor.

Thanks!

Ok hopefully you all can help me settle something. Ive been getting the "improper connection of parking brake" message, usually 2-3 times - every time I'm in the car. My buddy says it's because of how the bypass works and the Pioneer seeing the parking brake grounded when the head unit starts. But from what I'm reading here, some of you (or all of our and just did not mention) have seen this message, but it is not as common as my vehicle. I've spliced the parking brake wire into the head unit side of the harness at ground, and the vehicle side. I have soldered the connection. I'm about ready to go and do my own chassis ground just for parking brake. But before I tear the car apart (AGAIN!) I thought I would ask. Again it's not a problem if the screen is coming up, but it's just an annoyance and leads me to believe there is something wrong with my connections (or the unit itself?). Any feedback would be great!

I have the 8000NEX unit installed, just bought it about a month ago. I'm pretty handy with wiring, I've been in the mobile electronics industry for awhile.... so I know good wiring techniques from bad ones (at least I hope I do at this point). Just one of those situations that is making me scratch my head. My buddy butting into the situation is making me wonder more of what's going on in the background. It would make sense that anytime the vehicle would see movement it would want to lock out certain features for "safety", but with the bypass enabled it just wants to give you an annoying message?

Any feedback for peace of mind, whether I'm the cause of the issue or something else, would be great. Plus I've talked to the shop I bought the unit from and they said if I can figure out if it's something to do with the unit, they would let me return it and get a replacement. But I don't want to just blame the unit first, in the event it is something I did or another factor.

Thanks!

I have a 8000NEX with a bypass wired in. The only suggestion I have is to use a relay in the bypass wiring. I do not get any warning message.

Thanks!

I wired my parking brake wire the same way you did and I get it maybe once every 10 times I get in the car, if that.  I thought it was kind of weird too and was considering the same solution you were.  At the same time, I'm not sure I care enough.  I might wait until there is a good mirroring option for my factory backup cam before I tear the dash apart again.  Kill 2 birds with one stone.