AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

You should connect the parking brake wire as described in the install manual & use the software bypass. If you ground the parking brake wire (or simply ignore it) you'll get occasional nag screens from the unit.

I know this from first hand experience, had mine rewired correctly (install shop wasn't happy cause it was more effort ) & no more nag screens.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an AVIC-6100NEX installed myself, grounded parking brake wire. Once past setup, tried to initiate bypass via AV mode off, go to bottom left quadrant per directions. I repeated and repeated, moving slightly. Message never came up. Firmware was 1.01. I flashed/updated Firmware to 1.03 & updated maps. Repeated attempt to bypass. Will not happen. I disconnected parking brake grounding. Still does not bypass. Has the X100NEX update disabled this bypass? I simply cannot get it to work. I am sure I'm in correct screen, lower left quadrant, 1/2 inch in & up.  dyauch@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another confirmation of 8100nex working. HU bought late Dec 2015. Self installed. Followed proper install procedures for parking brake. Used Hu for a while in normal conditions and noticed I couldn't do bunches of stuff while moving (w parking break off...).

Deployed firmware 1.05 on 1/18/2006, everything went smoothly. Applied the bypass 'tweak', works. Can monkey around with any/all settings while parking brake off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...