AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

Has anybody had the "Parking brake wired incorrectly" message appear even after wiring the bypass?

I'm using the 8000NEX and have had it happen twice, both times after turning off the car to fill it with gas, and then turning it back on it.

I've soldered the parking brake wire to ground and used heat-shrink tubing to prevent shorts so I know it's wired correctly and securely.

Not a big deal, but it's still weird that I still see the message (albeit very rarely)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to ground the parking brake wire?  I have never done this before, but am definitely interested in it so I do not have to keep pulling over to enter new NAV information.  I have searched high and low and have not found anything about it.  I have the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX head unit.  Thanks in advance!

I didn't do my own head unit install, but I did take it back apart after to fix some of the connections that the installer did incorrectly, as well as run more wiring to get my phone to connect to the AppRadio.  You are correct that I am very inexperienced, but splicing wires isn't hard.  :)  I just need to know which ones.  Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated!  :)