AVIC411.com

Siri Functionality on new NEX Units?

I had an early 7000NEX, and Siri didn't work.  It took your command, and replied with 3 seconds of hissing static.  This happened when my iPhone was connected by either bluetooth, USB, or the A/V Cable.

Has anyone else tried Siri on an NEX unit?  Does it work?  Wondering if mine was a one-off defect or something more general.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I posed the "Hey, Siri..." question a little while ago.  it seems like some people have it working just fine.  For me, it seems like it still needs a little coaxing to work - i have to say "hey, siri" and then it pulls up the voice recognition screen (with the little sound wave on the bottom of the screen), and then i need to say "hey siri" again (and sometimes a third time) and then it works.  

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/80416-does-hey-siri-command-work-for-you-guys/

One thing i can't get to work very well is using siri to get directions somewhere.  i'd like to be able to say "hey siri, i need directions to [address, place, etc.]"  has anyone got that to work well?  

I am pretty sure that when you use the "Hey Siri" function, you must say everything in one statement. You can not wait for a beep, or a prompt.

Just say "Hey Siri do I have any messages. You have to find out what statements she will respond to. I never used the direction one so I am not sure how you ask for directions. I imagine if you do a search for her commands, many search pages should come up.

Phil

I've tried saying everything together, trying to break it up, repeating "hey, siri", etc. etc...  When plugged in on the charger in my home or office, it works great, without having any pause between saying "hey, siri" and the command.  In the car however, the phone seems to hear the "hey, siri" part, but then misses the command.  I'm hoping that functionality gets refined in upcoming iOS updates - i think it's an useful tool when it works correctly.  

• 2 weeks later...