AVIC411.com

To anyone with an 8000 NEX and iphone 5 or 5s

i am trying to get clarification on whether the unit allows for direct control of the iphone music library through the lightning cable WITHOUT using appradio mode. i currently have an avic1500 and if i want to control the music library (wired and not through bluetooth) i am forced to use carmedia player (or other app through appradio mode) assuming i want to keep lightning connection and not go to a 30pin/lightening adapter.

it's my understanding that the 8000NEX will allow me to control iphone music directly when the phone is plugged in without having to first engage appradio mode. is this indeed the case?

any clarification from users/owners would be appreciated

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to add (and this might just be me) that if I have the apple av adapter connected to hdmi AND the lightning cable to USB that I CANT see the iPod through USB input 1. It simply gives me incompatible device error message. Also, I have the 4000 but that shouldn't make a difference!

Guys your going to have to choose one or the other: either app mode-CMP/no native iPod, or no app mode and have use of the native iPod function. It's not going to give you both. At least that's the way I understand it.

This is correct, however you also have the 3rd choice of bluetooth streaming, but again you must choose this in the setup menu.  I am very disappointed in how this works, plus the setting affects both usb ports if your trying to use say an iPod classic on usb 2

thanks all, so deciphering, it appears that the setup is essentially the same as with my avic z150 - if i want direct control of the iphone/ipod WITHOUT using appradio mode then i connect usb to lightning. however if i want all the video features, full connection available through hdmi/lightning connection I CAN NOT access iphone/ipod music directly. and switching from one to the other requires going into the setup menus and switching inputs. so basically the same stupid setup that does not allow for direct control of an iphone's music library AND the features of appradio. too bad...

I have an 8000 unit, with an iPhone 5s.  I am not digging the 8000's inability to natively access your music library (iPod 1 or 2 source) when using the digital AV adapter, but I will say that your music library will be accessed more frequently than your apps, while driving.  I assure you.

I tried app mode, saw how ridiculously flawed it is, so I just stopped using it, and am now just using the lightning cable directly.  Do I consider it a loss???  Meh....not really.  The NEX units work wonderfully with Siri, and that's plenty convenient in its own right. 

I have an 8000 unit, with an iPhone 5s.  I am not digging the 8000's inability to natively access your music library (iPod 1 or 2 source) when using the digital AV adapter, but I will say that your music library will be accessed more frequently than your apps, while driving.  I assure you.

I tried app mode, saw how ridiculously flawed it is, so I just stopped using it, and am now just using the lightning cable directly.  Do I consider it a loss???  Meh....not really.  The NEX units work wonderfully with Siri, and that's plenty convenient in its own right. 

I agree with you completely, can I ask, does your music remember where you left off when switching sources or cycling the ignition or does it start off at the the first artist?

It does actually....Try USB 2, as opposed to USB1.  You would think that USB's are USB's but there is a difference between the two ports....

USB 1 can be used for data migration (firmware updates, importing pictures, etc), while USB 2 cannot.

USB 2 can remember where you left off on an iPod or mp3 player, and USB 1 cannot.

No idea what's up with that myself but.......it is what it is.  Specifies this in the user manual, would've been nice if we all had more notice

Bluetooth Audio is also pretty nice, but apparently my PAC-Audio steering wheel module doesn't play nice when under Bluetooth!?  When I change the volume down then up REAL FAST.....it switches the source?!?!!??

But only does this under Bluetooth, and no other source.....weird!

I try changing the volume rapidly on the radio itself.....no problems.....so I'm left to assume that it's just my steering wheel module.  Oh well.  Wired works and sounds better anyway.

It does actually....Try USB 2, as opposed to USB1.  You would think that USB's are USB's but there is a difference between the two ports....

USB 1 can be used for data migration (firmware updates, importing pictures, etc), while USB 2 cannot.

USB 2 can remember where you left off on an iPod or mp3 player, and USB 1 cannot.

No idea what's up with that myself but.......it is what it is.  Specifies this in the user manual, would've been nice if we all had more notice

Sadly I am using USB 2 for the iPod, I use USB 1 for my iPhone