AVIC411.com

7000nex vs 8000nex?

First post ever in the forum.  

I just had the 8000 installed in my Toyota Tundra on Thursday.   I have not seen the 7000 to compare it to, but I do agree the screen on the 8000 is very sharp and bright.   Managed expectations are in order however.   Direct sunlight will create glare on any device, and this one is no exception.   I am finding it is less of an issue as I get more familiar with the device and know what I'm looking at, even with the glare .  I have also noticed that if i shift my viewing angle to the right as I sit in the driver's seat even a little bit, it pops a lot more.   Straight on viewing is crisp in just about any lighting.  The Tundra is a big truck, so maybe the distance I sit to the left of it is more than average.   Of course it is absolutely beautiful at night.  :)  

One thing that is definitely an issue is finger prints!   The device requires that you touch the screen.  I find after awhile the finger prints combined with the glare can make it hard to see.   I recommend having a small cloth handy to frequently wipe it.   A quick wiping of the prints makes a big difference and because the screen is capacitive, you can wipe it clean while it is on and it does not respond at all to the pressure.   It needs a bare finger to respond to the touch menus.  I have a cleaning cloth I got with a pair of sunglasses and it works great.  

Fingerprints will always be an issue on any touch surface.  I recommend buying an anti-glare screen protector for an iPad Mini from Power Support Int, and cut it to the size of the 8000NEX screen (it's really not that far off). 

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Support-Anti-Glare-Screen-Protector/dp/B00AARSPGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396719764&sr=8-1&keywords=power+support+ipad+mini+anti+glare

Anti Glare films usually give mixed results, but Power Support screen protectors are abnormally very good.  I use Power Support films on my iPad and iPhone, and always have since 2006.  They rock.  ZAGG SUCKS!!!

you get more than just a screen.  Apparently it's supposed to be faster too?!  (that's what others are saying).  If that's truly the case, then between the 7000 and the 8000 the CPU and RAM specs are different

Also....even if the hardware specs were the same, the extra $200 for a capacative screen is very much worth it.  Resistance based touch screens have been used for a long time but lets be real here.....for all the issues they have, capacative screens are the fix!

its all about what you personally want. some stores do have demos out. go there and try to play with them.

price is another factor. if you really cant afford the extra cost then its a shut case. go with what you can afford.

Capacative touch displays have a faster response time then resistive. maybe the Capacative assemblies also have newer faster comm components as well. I'm not exactly sure. i think finger prints are worse resistive displays. Thanks for everyones input. ill be purchasing a 8000nex soon!

• 6 months later...