AVIC411.com

Wallpapers for my 7" screen

Hello forum!  Just a quick question...

When google/bing searching for some cool splash screens and background images for my 8000NEX unit, do I want to look for 800 x 480 resolution, or would any 5:3 aspect ratio be fine?  The reason why I ask......I am aware of the screen's maximum resolution being 800x480, so if I went for higher quality and stayed within the 5:3 aspect ratio, would that improve the quality, or just saturate the photo once it appears on the screen?

Just wondering.  THANKS!

Hello forum!  Just a quick question...

When google/bing searching for some cool splash screens and background images for my 8000NEX unit, do I want to look for 800 x 480 resolution, or would any 5:3 aspect ratio be fine?  The reason why I ask......I am aware of the screen's maximum resolution being 800x480, so if I went for higher quality and stayed within the 5:3 aspect ratio, would that improve the quality, or just saturate the photo once it appears on the screen?

Just wondering.  THANKS!

I'd treat it like an iPhone and get pictures that are of the native resolution.

This would also be a good place to link some cool photos.

why would I choose to do 4000 x 4000 pixels, when the screen's res is only 800 x 480?  Just wondering.

Dre is usually spot on...I trust if he referenced the manual then using a resolution that large or a file size under 10mb will just be converted to fit the screen.

• 8 years later...