AVIC411.com

Installed my 8000. Two issues so far

So far I have two issues with my 8000. I can't use Bluetooth audio from my iPhone 5s while I have an iPod connected to my 30 pin iPod input. My old Kenwood had no problem with that combination. Second, can't get the auto EQ function to work. The button is not activated. I have to assume I'm just missing something. Overall I love the unit, but I would like to resolve these issues. Any ideas?

I also just installed my 8000NEX and noticed the same thing:  When I have my iPod connected to the 30 pin interface, the bluetooth Pandora on my Droid MAXX will not connect.  If I have Pandora connected and then I plug in the iPod, the Pandora disconnects.

Separate issue:  iPod is not connected when I try this - I am trying to get Pioneer AppRadio to connect... it connects for a few seconds and then disconnects.

Any guidance on how to get it to connect reliably?

Thank you.

It seems that when you go into smart phone setup, if you choose Digital A/V or Bluetooth then an iPod connected to usb will no longer function, I too want to use an iPod Classic and have conformed that this is normal.  As far as auto EQ, you will need the optional microphone

I believe to use the auto eq, you must plug in a mic, and do the auto setup first. That is what I did and now my auto eq function is not greyed out.

I have an iPod connected to USB 2 as well as in settings-smartphone setup- connected as USB,

iPhone 5s plays pandora, or aha just fine, when it's not connected with USB 1 I'll try connecting it to see if Bluetooth audio works, I do know that the phone functions work just fine.

Here's a tip.

With an iPod connected, USB selected as connection type, your phone won't be recognized as an iPod, it will give you an error message. To see the phone as an iPod you must choose the correct connection type, av adapter USB or Bluetooth. If you choose av connection or Bluetooth, the radio doesn't see the actual iPod on USB 2 then.

Seems to me they need to give us a seperate connection type for USB 1 and USB 2.

I have the mic. Plugging it in does nothing. The problem with iPod occurs when trying to use the iPhone in Bluetooth mode. I should be able to leave an iPod connected to USB and separately use my iPhone for Bluetooth music. Stupefyingly stupid if pioneer mad it o you can't do this. My 5 year old Kenwood wood do it without an issue.

Ok. Got the auto EQ to work. Used my calibrated Audio Control SA-3050 RTA to measure the curve. It was just awful! Sounded even worse. Peak and valleys where you wouldn't want hem and flat bass. Now I need to figure out how to make the autoEQ tuning go away. Sounded much better with the curve I set manually with RTA assistance. Hell, I only nested to cut a couple of frequencies to flatten out the natural response curve I had with a flat EQ!

I am having the same issues with iPod and Bluetooth. Have to switch input source each time. Not as big of a deal as I have all my music on my iPod.

I have another question, is there a way to hook up to the internet with the unit? I know on the new ken wood their is a LTE adaptor from Verizon. Haven't seen anything on the pioneer.

Any help would be realty appreciated.

I had the same question, in the setup it when you use the wizard the last part is to connect to a suitable wifi and activate is greyed out. I tried hot spot on phone and my house wifi and nothing worked so I called pioneer and I was told that when the AVICSync app is released it would allow to connect to a wifi. He wouldn't give me an estimated date as to the release of their new AVICSync app.

Only way I connected to the internet is via the iPhone, using the Pioneer AppRadio (free) with the app CarBrowser for the AppRadio.  The CarBrowser is $1.99 and uses the iPhone for internet but displays on the head unit.  Must have the iPhone connected via a cable and then access from "Apps".

Works for me, not real great since the browser is Opra vs Safari.

Has anyone been able to make apps run through Bluetooth? Seems like that should be available. Not sure Pionee really thought this out. The inability to leave your iPod connected by USB and still use Bluetooth audio from your iPhone is inexcusable and must be corrected with an update. My old out-of-production kenwood ddx896 could do that for goodness sake. In fact it could do some other things ths pioneer can't, like use a wireless remote and trigger an additional accessory (e.g., motorized amp rack) from the remote. Why no wireless remote, Pioneer!? Outside of a slick interface and a warranty, I'm not sure yet that I'm getting much out of this investment. I would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Has anyone been able to make apps run through Bluetooth? Seems like that should be available. Not sure Pionee really thought this out. The inability to leave your iPod connected by USB and still use Bluetooth audio from your iPhone is inexcusable and must be corrected with an update. My old out-of-production kenwood ddx896 could do that for goodness sake. In fact it could do some other things ths pioneer can't, like use a wireless remote and trigger an additional accessory (e.g., motorized amp rack) from the remote. Why no wireless remote, Pioneer!? Outside of a slick interface and a warranty, I'm not sure yet that I'm getting much out of this investment. I would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

I have been able to over come all of the issues with this unit except the bluetooth & usb combo, it is absolutely ridiculous!  All of my past Pioneers have been able to do this.  I also do not like the fact of no remote control and even worse no ir sensor to built in, this is a $1 dollar part at best.  There is a pac part that will add this ability but this really should be standard equipment on such an expensive unit.  The usb/bluetooth issue may force me to return this unit, I may try a high end Sony at his point.  I have no evidence but I am thinking that this is a hardware issue rather than software making it unfixable.  I would think that a call to Pioneer will likely return the usual response that they will look into it and time will tell which just gets you stuck with an non returnable unit.