AVIC411.com

Need help - No Audio

I have 2007 dodge charger with steering wheel controls (it has the factory amp) and connected everything as instructed. Unit powers up, steering wheel controls work but no audio. Got a friend involved who has done all my installs and changed around some wires that he said is the same setup as the way PAC harness is wired...still no audio.

I'm using the iDatalink Maestro RR + CHR02 Chrysler specific harness.

post-115542-0-22240500-1396786567_thumb.jpg

Is the stereo connecting to the factory amp via RCA cables or the stereos wire harness? My car had a factory amp and there weren't the normal grey white purple and green cables running to the amp. It actually had a different type of connection. Make sure the stereo is actually getting the audio out to the amp which then runs to the speakers.

Is the stereo connecting to the factory amp via RCA cables or the stereos wire harness? My car had a factory amp and there weren't the normal grey white purple and green cables running to the amp. It actually had a different type of connection. Make sure the stereo is actually getting the audio out to the amp which then runs to the speakers.

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your reply. The stereo is connected to the factory amp via the wire harness. So am I looking for additional wires outside the factory wiring harness that is coming from the amp? I'll look again, thanks.

Yes there may be a different set. Does your car come with a model that does not Have the factory amp? If so, it's possible that the wire harness is for the standard stereo instead of the "premium." The wire harness that I bought for my car was actually for the Elantra WITHOUT the premium sound system. So the harness matched the stereo harness as far as speaker wire, but did not match the cars actual wiring. It's kind of hard to explain in writing.

Yes there may be a different set. Does your car come with a model that does not Have the factory amp? If so, it's possible that the wire harness is for the standard stereo instead of the "premium." The wire harness that I bought for my car was actually for the Elantra WITHOUT the premium sound system. So the harness matched the stereo harness as far as speaker wire, but did not match the cars actual wiring. It's kind of hard to explain in writing.

I have. 2007 Chrysler hemi limited and it too had the 8 speaker sound system with factory amp. I went with the PAC-audio one with the canbus.

Here's the link I think your vehicle uses the same one. http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=407&CategoryID=26

Scotty,

It does come with the factory amp. I spoke with iDatalink tech support and they reported that the Maestro RR (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lmaMyOXUg3c/p_794ADSMRR/iDatalink-Maestro-ADS-MRR-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html) and CH2 http://maestro.idatalink.com/accessories/category/product_id/260 is all I needed for the vehicle in terms of wires. My buddy has done 2 Dodge vehicles using the standard CHY4 and pac hardness for steering wheel controls but I wanted to get the latest and greatest but we weren't able to get it to work. I'm going to bite the bullet in the morning and take it to one of the authorized iDatalink dealers in GA for them to install. Hope it's not too expensive.

Drenyce,

What dash kit did you get, the one I got is fugly, http://www.ebay.com/itm/360401066184 and I want something flat that can be buffed/sanded and painted to match the nav bezel?

Yea I got the same one twice. First one I ordered i painted it to match the cream interior. what a mistake. it came out horrible. then i ordered another one. Its the xscorpion brand. I kind of like  that it has that inward curve.i made my lines up to the inside of it. Ill take pics in the morning. The one thing that I dont like is that is smaller than the opening. and you can see a lile through it. I might order flat one. but then the bottom of the radio is going to stick out

Love it!!! Looks great! So it's official the iDatalink Maestro RR and the CH2 doesn't work. It won't turn the amp on...went with the standard CHY4 etc and got everything working.  They got the

company engineers on the phone and they even created custom firmware to try and get it to work...no luck.

ADS will work with the shop to try and get it to work with custom firmware.

I got my flat dash kit. Not impressed. I'm gonna stick with the curved inward one. Gives it a OEM feel.

HAHA...we are in the same boat. I bought a curved one a couple weeks ago and wasn't feeling it so I ordered the flat one which should arrive today. I'll see if I like it...