AVIC411.com

iPod-Cables/CD-IH202

Does anyone have the pioneer specific cable to hook the iPhone 5s to the nex units.

I heard they were on back order, I was wondering because I just want to see if the unit works differently when you have say iPhone connected with the specific cable to usb1 and then use another cable to use 2 for dedicated iPod.

Right now I use apple adapter connected with USB lightning and hdmi on USB 1 and 30 pin apple cable for my iPod on USB 2

With lightning adapter on USB 1 and connection setting as lightning adapter, the phone isn't recognized as an iPod, and then the iPod in usb2 isn't seen because I chose lightning adapter, if chose USB connection the iPod on USB 2 works.

So I'm wondering if this so called special cable will make USB 1 phone see as a iPod as well.

Just wondering

I have seen the cable when I bought my 4000NEX. In the box was an hdmi cable, a wire cover and a USB cable with a weird plug on the other end that my 4000 doesn't have on the unit. That being said I kept my $60 and bought a $15 hdmi cable and the apple hdmi adapter. I know this doesn't answer your question, but from looking at the contents of the package, I do not know how it could make a difference... but nothing is impossible I guess.