AVIC411.com

AVICSync app

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the UK and have an F77-DAB. Got the avicsync app on my Moto X Play phone and associated with the nav unit. I had an issue in that as soon as I plugged the phone in via USB lead Android Auto jumped in which stops you accessing the phone to start avicsync. I think I pressed the connected services button on the map screen which disconnected android auto and was able to associate phone. Maybe plug in via USB port 1 would avoid android auto?

First negative - My unit came with maps for Europe and needs to download the same onto phone which is a 3gb download and then there is latest map guarantee map of Europe which is 2.9gb. having a 16gb Moto X Play, phone storage is rapidly disappearing. I'm currently downloading the first maps after which I'll see if it'll move to SD card as I can see me running short of space. The option just to download UK onto phone would have been helpful ....PIONEER - if you are listening.

Then we have available to buy 'Connected Services Europe'. This is £11-99 a year and consists of local search parking and weather. Err, hello, Google Maps for nothing?

Live HD traffic Europe is another £18-36 for the year. Real time traffic info. Also £20 for speed cams which is lifetime and can be bought and installed without avicsync. 

Need to be able to move the lot to sd card or just install UK for now or it's looking like a none starter.

I have the same opinion - they want a lot of money for services that should be free.

Anyone have at least a video where I can see how it works? Pioneer doesn't show it anywhere. 

My issue is that when I bought my unit I had 2013Q2 maps factory installed. Then I was given 90 dayes free update and got 2013Q4 update within this timeline.

Now when I updated my unit with new firmware I was capable to download my last update 2013Q4 for my F960BT unit but on my iphone there is still 2013Q2. When I check licenses 2013Q4 is in there. Also when I enter shop via evicsync I can see that I have on download "maps updated - license expired" and I can press renew license. Unfortunately all that happens is another message " an error 101 occured" and shop stops to work anymore.

Very strange - maybe there are still some bugs. I'll wait a week or two.

For now the only useful feature of avicsync is possibility to create routes or special places on my phone and then uploading them to my unit. It is much faster and comfortable.

Yep, it looks like a cash cow to me. Can't help you with your map update problem. All I know is I bought an expensive nav unit and I only got 45 days of free map updates ... REALLY Pioneer??

I quite like the F77-DAB but can't help but think the nav part is an expensive add on. Google maps on Android Auto works very well except you are relying on the phone and downloading maps on the go. I know you can download the maps you want onto your device but looks hassle to me. I was using Tomtom Go on my phone and would be useful if they made it android auto compatible ..... I'll not hold my breath.

Anyway as to avicsync I downloaded the Europe maps and installed on phone then the update of a similar size and ran out of space on my phones internal memory. I moved the app to the sd card but it still downloaded the maps to internal memory <grr> So deleted the maps and just downloaded the update map and deleted tomtom go app off my phone for now. It seems to work OK. I have a 16gb moto x play that only has around 10gb to start with. It's not rooted so can't find where the maps are stored.

You should be able to do most things avic sync does on the actual headunit? Parking should be displayed anyway I would have thought. Traffic seemed to work anyway on my F77-DAB so what does HD Traffic give you extra? True you can route plan on the phone now which is useful but other than that it's just access to their shop!

Try to find it at:  Android/data/jp.pioneer.mgb.avicsync/files/privdocs/InappShop/Content

Thanks for that. If you drill down there you can find where the maps are, or at least seem to be. One option would be to delete Europe countries not required on the phone manually but that may upset the apple cart.

In honesty I've got sick of avicsync on my phone and deleted it off. I noticed yesterday that when I switched the headunit off my phone grumbled that the sd card had been disconnected suddenly and the warnings that ensue. Sure enough the sd storage was gone until I rebooted. Did the same again today even though I only used android auto. Also had to re sync bluetooth as the phone seem to have forgotten the head unit? Deleted avicsync off the phone and all is fine again.

I have a spare phone I could put a payg sim in and set up avicsync on that. I'll connect it via USB1 too which would keep android auto from interfering possibly?

Parking should be on the maps anyway. Why would you pay for the weather? All looks too expensive to me. Can't believe some have been waiting for 2 years for this rubbish..

Right - traffic like this is a crap. It should be done in the same way as in google maps or waze. Weather is not necessary and parking is on the map anyway.

Paying for this such amount of money is totally unreasonable. 

As for pricing - Navigon app on iPhone also charges for several services but prices are totally different from pioneer/naviextras:

- traffic ( navigon 19 EUR lifetime, Pioneer is 26 our for one year )

- speed cameras ( navigon 19 our, Pioneer 35 eur ) 

And finally two year fresh maps europe updated every 3 months ( so 8 updates within 2 years ) is 30 eur in navigon.

Pioneer charges for one update 150 EUR!!! This is completely crazy. 

• 3 weeks later...

It seems all the content services are turned off by default, once you turn them on you can find it at:

Navigation screen - Lower right button - Useful Information

Fuel prices, weather, and parking info are all there

I understand. The shop menu is only found weather, tmc, online search and parking.... and no Fuel prices...