AVIC411.com

8000 Nav Voice Volume low

I find mine to be quiet loud also and have turned it down, I was using it yesterday and it seemed good for a while and I think that when I stopped for lunch it became quite a bit louder after the restart, perhaps try adjusting the regulator volume control and changing sources and see if anything affects it...

I have it set to Amy and my volume is at 40%. I had it at 24% before and while driving down the highway jamming (quite loudly i might add) to some FFDP, she tried to give me directions and i couldn't hear her at all (as the mute level wasn't muted enough). So i adjusted mine back up to 40%. I may re-evaluate my mute mode and see if that helps (maybe like completely muted vs just a lower db level). However i really do wish we had the option to pause the audio while giving instructions and then un-pausing afterword, but i don't see that happening, like ever.

Ok some tried TTS volume at 25% while my music was at a comfortable level and the TTS was volume was plenty for me. As far as music pausing for driving instructions, no thanks my z2 did that and I hated it. I guess we all have our preferences but mine sure is not to interrupt the music for directions.

Ok some tried TTS volume at 25% while my music was at a comfortable level and the TTS was volume was plenty for me. As far as music pausing for driving instructions, no thanks my z2 did that and I hated it. I guess we all have our preferences but mine sure is not to interrupt the music for directions.

For Music i don't care. I'm with you. But when listening to an Audiobook and it mutes so she can give me the directions i'd prefer a pause/unpause. I'll just have to live with the mute i guess :)

Really what they should do is have an option to have the guidance volume tied to the overall system volume, if I have the radio loud do to lets say the windows down I would like the voice louder...

Perhaps I will try the auto volume and see if that works

• 1 year later...

Anyone else think the nav voice volume is to low? I have mine at 100% and its LOW, you really have to listen. When I adjust it anything between 50% and 100% sounds the same. It like 50% is max

Volume is very low, difficult to hear when driving on the highway.  I've called Pioneer support approximately 7 times.  I bought as a refurb over a yr ago, and refurbs have a 90 day warranty.  I should have sent it back for testing.  Did you ever figure out how to fix, CuznVinny?

• 10 months later...