AVIC411.com

Anyone get their unit to do Aha/Pandora w/ Android through BT?

I have so far been unsuccessful following the steps in this video:

The 2 icons are greyed out and cannot be selected, even when the app is started on my phone.  Bluetooth connection with my phone is no issue (connects really fast, stays connected).

works on my note3 just fine. HU starts the app for me, don't have to touch the phone. Make sure your phone says its connected as a phone and media device in bluetooth

smart phone setup choose other and BT

Phone is definitely connected as a phone/media device (BT Audio works great), also did the smart phone setup.

OK, so I have some information for you guys that wasn't quite clear from reading the manual (at least to me).  If you want any BT audio to work with the 6000NEX, you absolutely cannot have an iPod plugged into either USB1 or USB2.  I started up the car with the iPod unplugged and it picked up BT audio, Pandora, and Aha no problem.

This seems like a terrible design choice.  Hopefully firmware will fix it in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an android user. I have an OG Razr and just installed my radio. I can say that by trying to get this thing set up, all the developers are iPhone users. Also, what is the reason for having us disconnect things in order to switch inputs. I like my Pandora, but if I want to switch to using my iPod, I have to connect it. With everything going towards hands free and technology to keep your eyes on the road, this is a HUGE fail. But once again, developers have iphones and can't think past it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed an AVIC-6000NEX this morning. I just paired it with my Note 2, and everything worked first time around. I don't even have to start pandora on my phone. Only thing I can think of is redo the setup.

Now when I did it, I had nothing plugged into the USB ports at the time.

EDIT: I can confirm USB screws it up. I was listening to pandora and plugged my ipod in and pandora stopped working.