AVIC411.com

8000nex - movie playback info needed !

So I have a Kenwood 9140 unit and have issues with video playback so I am going to get a new deck

Now I was likely set on the new 991HD coming out but then I saw comments on youtube and checked out the 8000nex....  the AR unchained looks great

As for the deck itself, how good is the playback of MKV and divx movies from USB and DVD+R ? 

How long does it take to load?

Would I just be better off playing via ARU and loading movie on phone? 

thanks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The info you seek is likely in the owners manual and can be downloaded from the Pioneer website. What you won't find in the manual is how limited the video support will be if using media other the iDevice or Andriod. I have no conformation of this but Pioneer units have been severely limited in this fashion sense units were even video capable. Its safe to say it will still be that way with the newer gen units currently available. But only conformation from users will verify for sure however. If you want to get a good idea of what I am referring to with past units do a search on this site for video issues with previous units.