AVIC411.com

8000nex - movie playback info needed !

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hitman the requirements are not the same, you do not need to do all the silly conversions you had to do with the 110 - 150 series, this is simply download, copy, paste, enjoy.  This is the only reason I've been holding out on this unit I wanted to be sure this worked.  Thanks drenyce311, you are doing just what I have been trying to do for years, I play mostly music videos in the car (downloaded from Vevo, excellent quality) but it's been a pain since Apple removed the ability to play videos in a random order on an iPhone\iPod.  Drenyce311 are you able to randomize play on the SD card?

Just a heads up on the question I asked earlier in reference to supported audio formats... this unit will NOT decode DTS encoded audio and down mix it to stereo or any other format. I have a 5GB 1080p .mkv file for Cars 2 that is encoded in DTS audio. The video plays fine and looks great (even on the 4000NEX) but the radio says "audio format not supported" and there is no sound. So be careful which files you are trying to use.