AVIC411.com

8000nex - movie playback info needed !

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a 16gb sdcard. The unit does play MKV, MPEG4. And let me tell you it looks beautiful. I have lots of blu ray files. And it is crisp and looks amazing. I don't have to sit at my computer and convert to AVI.

The max resolution for SD card video files is 400x240. Are you compressing the bluray files? Because I don't believe the 8000 can play 1080p SD card files.

I'm surprised that the low resolution files look beautiful. I have a Z150 and the 400x240 files (half the resolution of the screen) look similar to 480p content on a 1080p TV. Looks like the 8000 has the same video file low resolution requirement as the Z150. It was the first thing I looked for in the 8000's owners manual. Same file requirement as mine :(

I've been able to successfully play both 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080) and from the SD card.

The manual does say it can only play 480p or something like that, but it does support much, much higher resolution.  I bet it depends on the video bitrate though.

So, what's the limitations as far as embedded audio? I download 1080p .mkv files that have DTS audio. Will the radio play DTS, down mix to stereo, or do I need to download different video files? I have the 4000 but I would assume the playback features as far as this is concerned would be the same.

Are you strictly using mkv as the file type for all your videos? I've never tried mkv files before but I've tried mp4 and avi, always got an error if they were above 400x240.

Of course this is on a Z150, but the requirements are identical to the 8000. I was thinking of upgrading just for the CarPlay capabilities later this year.

MKV is the format known to extract Blu rays. Which a uncompressed format. It gives you the best quality from sound and video. now a days everthing online is a rip of a bluray. There are people like me that will convert to a mp4 file. It will compress the size but not hinder the quality of the movie.

Drenyce311, You seem very knowledgeable of the formats the 800o will play. I have files that don't seem to play. They are MP4 files ~28.2MB per file. Can you think of any other way to get these to play?

28.2Mb?? must be only a 3 minute video. Check if the format is correct. or reconvert it again