AVIC411.com

android smartphone using app radio

I have a nex 8000 and a samsung galaxy s5, have all of the required cords and adapters but cant get the app radio to work properly. I have been able to get Pandora, aha, and mirror to work but when I try to get apps on the screen all I get is a black screen with a white dot and it won't connect but then it will mirror my screen with no control from the radio screen, when I touch it I get a x in a red box with a finger pointing to it. I have seen posts regarding Iphones but none about Android. Has anyone had luck with androids.

Hi

I'm just checking what cables you used for Samsung Galaxy to work?

I'm considering this unit and I'm a bit confused between the mirrorlink and the appradio settings and connections.

Did you use the Android MHL adapter to get it working via AppRadio? 

Is AR better than ML?

Cheers

Hi

I'm just checking what cables you used for Samsung Galaxy to work?

I'm considering this unit and I'm a bit confused between the mirrorlink and the appradio settings and connections.

Did you use the Android MHL adapter to get it working via AppRadio? 

Is AR better than ML?

Cheers

Yes I'm using the mhl adapter that doesn't come with the included cables. I haven't really tried ml since I've been able to get AR to work but before that it just mirrored the phone with no control on the radio screen and I think that's the case, but there is appradio unchained which requires the phone to be rooted. I will check it out for sure shortly and if I get a different result I'll let you know as far as ML.

• 2 months later...

Hello starkey,

I am also considering the NEX 8000 and am also a bit confused (which is easily done).  Are you getting full functionality of AppRadio with your S5 and did you have to root your phone to do so?  My only concern is that Pioneer does not list the S5 as compatible, but I do realize that might be because it has not been tested yet.  Any input is very much appreciated.