AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX Installed....White Noise?

So I just finished my 8000 install and everything went smoothly. Besides the nav voice being way too loud in the begining. I know have to have it set to 2% to not blow my ear drums out. The problem is I have a ton of white noise that I can't seem get rid of. If the music is off or under 4-5 it's very noticeable and annoying. My car is a 2014 CX-5 with Bose and I'm wondering if the Bose system has something to do with it and also has something to do with why the Nav guidance was so freaking loud. The noise is like a constant hiss like I had the volume up too loud. 

Any one with the same problem or maybe a resolution? I'm close to just cutting the wires on the bose system and bypassing it completely. 

I just got back from getting my 8000 install, and no such issue on my end so far. The head unit in my case drives the speakers directly. No amp except for the one driving my smallish subwoofer. Sound is fine. Nav volume is still on the default, and I set the music volume to around 10 out of the iPhone. Not too loud, and no hiss. The sound is as good as the Kenwood it replaced. I haven't tuned the audio yet (EQ & sub crossover point), but it sounds pretty decent for defaults. 

I can hear the fan in the head unit go if I'm parked and the engine is off though. 

Check for loose wires, or wires that may be touching other wires. Are all spliced connections covered in electric tape?

All wires were spliced and soldered then covered with heat shrink. I'm thinking that the headunit might be putting out a signal that is too hot for the Bose amp.

All wires were spliced and soldered then covered with heat shrink. I'm thinking that the headunit might be putting out a signal that is too hot for the Bose amp.

You reached out to crutchfield? Give them a call and they should be able to help especially if you ordered all the harnesses which they recommend.

It's not a ground loop. There are no whines and it doesn't change as i'm stepping on the accelerator. So It's on with the engine running and off. 

I'm going to test my hung later and jump the bose connector to bypass the amp completely. If the hiss goes away then the signal coming from the line level speaker outputs is too hot. I've already ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009B8EJYU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in anticipation.  

Well it was definitely that the speaker outputs were way too hot for my bose amp. I used RCA plugs from a previous adapter kit and soldered them on and used the preouts from the 8000 and boom. No more hiss and it sounds 20x better. 

Awesome...glad you're back up and running.