AVIC411.com

z130bt needed, ipod,aux and usb

Hello everyone,

okay im new at this, so please dont bash. Ive done my research around, but never could find a conclusion on how to make it work. Im buying a z130bt, i want to have the ipod cable along with the aux and an extra usb.

i read that most usb hubs don't work, and since the z130 only has one usb slot it would already take up the place for the ipod connection, along with the aux connection. i have a 08 Subaru STI (non Nav) and it has the aux in the center console, would i still have that connection or would the ipod take it away?  

would a usb splitter work to have two usb slots instead of the factory one?

Another question which there have been many topics about, the android compability. i have the Galaxy S3, and i know that with the firmware updates you can connect it now but how exactly? is it only through BT?

Thanks in advance everyone.

PS: really sorry if this was already answered in other forums. Ive been reading up but ive never found a concrete answer; most forums people never returned to answer the question.

Hello everyone,

okay im new at this, so please dont bash. Ive done my research around, but never could find a conclusion on how to make it work. Im buying a z130bt, i want to have the ipod cable along with the aux and an extra usb.

i read that most usb hubs don't work, and since the z130 only has one usb slot it would already take up the place for the ipod connection, along with the aux connection. i have a 08 Subaru STI (non Nav) and it has the aux in the center console, would i still have that connection or would the ipod take it away?  

would a usb splitter work to have two usb slots instead of the factory one?

Another question which there have been many topics about, the android compability. i have the Galaxy S3, and i know that with the firmware updates you can connect it now but how exactly? is it only through BT?

Thanks in advance everyone.

PS: really sorry if this was already answered in other forums. Ive been reading up but ive never found a concrete answer; most forums people never returned to answer the question.

You didn't say why you need more than one USB. You didn't even mention using an iPod, and your phone is an S3 - so you wouldn't be using USB for that.  If it's just for your Aux audio input, that doesn't need USB. There several other audio and video inputs to the AVIC (using the AV harness).

I don't remember if anyone got it (a USB hub) to work reliably. You'd also need a secondary power supply - the 5V power supplied by the HU over USB is pretty low amps.

You can certainly connect the S3 over BT. That will handle your phone's audio output as well as Aha and Pandora apps with the built-in HU sources. App Mode for Android is a different critter and I never use it. I'll let someone else comment on that.