AVIC411.com

"Agree Screen"

It is the screen that as soon as you go to "Navigation" you have to agree to the statement before you can see the map.

This is the screen when you first turn the car on. So every time you get in the car you have to agree before you can use navigation.

This becomes a pain if you are in and out of your car frequently.

Just have to give it time. Eventually someone with programming "know how" will start tinkering with these and figure some stuff out.

They weren't able to do much with the Z150. Just sayin'.

I've seen in it smartphones. Programmers are taking it as a challenge to make their software as hard to hack as possible.

They weren't able to do much with the Z150. Just sayin'.

I've seen in it smartphones. Programmers are taking it as a challenge to make their software as hard to hack as possible.

This is true. I look at it kind of like the Michael Jordan philosophy. We call him the best because he's the best we've ever seen... but what about the kid who's better than MJ but was never discovered. There's always someone out there who is smarter than me. So I can make my app as tough as I can to hack, but if that person who is smarter than me decides to try to hack it, he will be able to. Apple making jailbreaking harder and harder, but someone always finds a hole eventually. Just have to hope that these stereos draw the right people in to look at it.

Hacks are always cool to play with, but personally, I think the radio is awesome as it is now. Can't imagine how cool it would be if there were hacks to make it even better somehow!

The F and X 700-710 were very exciting, very customizable and updatable (map wise, and 4 OS revisions). That excitement and flexibility lead me to buy a x950 and z150 and boy have I been less than enthralled. I am selling both and buying an 8000NEX (in the mail) with hopes that its OS/Processor will be 1. hackable 2. customizable 3. longer lived than the OS/Processor combo in the x950/z150 so that we receive several good OS upgrades for a couple of years.