AVIC411.com

Help me troubleshoot a problem with sound cutting out (left speakers)

I know this sounds pretty straight forward, but a sanity check would be appreciated before removing the AVIC again... here goes.

I installed an AVIC X950BH in a Jeep Wrangler/Chrysler with the Infinity sound system back in August 2013, and up until recent I've had no problems.

Problem

The sound on the left side of the speakers cut out, or what I'd call fade out. No popping or anything, just fades out. 

Band Aid Solution

I can get the sound back in the left speakers if I crank the volume up, but with less wattage to the speaker the sound cuts/fades back out.

Thoughts

The system has been installed since August 2013 without issue. Then in February I've started having this problem. Use to be if I cut a turn aggressively the sound would fade back in, and then out again... this to me would suggest a loose or bad contact wire.  

There are 3 major parts to my installation, which include the head unit (Avic X950BH), PAC converter, and of course the Infinity Amp.  It literally could be any one of these. I have torn the head unit out and visually checked the wire harness last month -- visually everything seemed fine. 

Now what I'm going to do is remove head unit again and re-splice that left speaker, which seems like the logical step. Do any of you had any other ideas/suggestions that I should do while I have this torn down?

• 2 weeks later...