AVIC411.com

8000nex. new screen worth it?

All I can say is the screen is absolutely bright and vibrant, the touch is excellent, it works just as good as my iPhone and iPad, I have not had any issues with the touchscreen except its a dust magnet. :) I keep a fiber cloth in my truck to keep it clean.

Is the screen crsip, bright, and awesome? YES! is a capacitive screen necessarily the best for a vehicle? NO! Some times I find my self using my finger nail to precisely press the spacebar, which obviously does not work. 

Everyone complains about how the 7000's screen was washed out very easily, but what you're not being told is that the reflection is terrible and nearly makes the screen unreadable when reflecting. Yea you can put a anti-glare screen protector on it, but that solution is not entirely elegant. Is it worth the $200 difference? You have to decide that for yourself. I'm not entirely sold and wonder if the 7000 would have me just as satisfied albeit with savings in my pocket. 

We'll i returned my AVIC-5000 to AVIC-8000 for $383. And it's a big difference! I'm glad I traded up! It's much faster, sharper, smarter, AR Unchained brings it to life. The 5000 has no HDMI, so it won't work for app mode with android. I bet next year all models will have the captive screen so getting the 8000nex is a little future proof.

I went with the 7000 only because when I examined both units in the local audio shop both units looked identical. The 7000 has anti-glare coating so it won't be as bright or vibrant as the 8000. TBH, I really couldn't see much of a difference, though the 8000 seemed just a tad bit faster.

Yea the brightness is insane. Looks great in the daytime and at night. But in my truck the brightness dim with the DRL set to Auto. Dims at night and brightens in the daytime

Dre, when you dim the lights inside your car, the unit dims as well? Like if you manually use your dimmer switch, will the unit dim?