AVIC411.com

8000nex. new screen worth it?

I know for my Z140BH in the brightness settings you could set day and night settings separately and then it would dim with my automatic headlights. I imagine its the same for the nex units.

You can't dim the unit with the actual car dimmer, you can set day/night mode in the nex, you can also set the brightness of the radio in the settings as well. It will automatically switch when your lights go on or off.

I'm considering switching from the AppRadio 3 to an NEX unit. Do the NEX series radios have the pop-up disclaimer every time you start your car? Can you access audio settings directly from the a source's screen without having to exit back to the main screen?

Thanks in advance

I'm considering switching from the AppRadio 3 to an NEX unit. Do the NEX series radios have the pop-up disclaimer every time you start your car? Can you access audio settings directly from the a source's screen without having to exit back to the main screen?

Thanks in advance

Yes to the pop disclaimer for the navigation screen only.

Yes you can access artists, songs., etc directly from the iPod screen and other sources as well as 1 click to eq settings if you want to change the sounds

One thing I want to point out, its not just a screen difference between the 7000 and 8000. Yes the 8000 has a brighter, more responsive screen that IS prone to glare and finger smudges. I personally prefer it (I bought the 8000 after comparing in store to the 7000) for the screen alone.

The other thing to consider is that the 8000 has 8GB of storage MORE (total of 16GB vs 8GB on the 7000). That storage is used for maps (not something that will necessarily use the additional space) AND for applications and streamed data from the upcoming networked data using AVICSYNC and anything else Pioneer decides to use it for. If you plan on using these services, the 8GB extra is something to consider.

Now some of you will rightly point out that a capacitive screen and 8GB is NOT $200 difference in parts, but it is the premium you pay for the brighter, more responsive screen (with unfortunate glare) and the possibility of a better experience down the road from the doubled storage space.

Here is the comparison link from Pioneer to backup what I am stating about the storage space.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.PRODUCT_COMPARISON/?vgnextoid=62e2cd472a224410VgnVCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

This unit is bad ass. period. I always was a fan of the premiere units. This is the first time I have a truck that allows for a double din unit. In my truck the screen in the day time is amazing. not much glare. if you want take a Ipad mini anti glare screen protector and cut it down to size. I am going with the IPAD 2 screen protector to cut it down size and remove the center button and camera wholes.