AVIC411.com

How to videos on pioneers web site

Ok so I watched all the how to videos on pioneers web site.

The how to use app mode video shows that using app mode you need to set smartphone connection as USB. I have my iPhone hooked to USB 1 and the smartphone setting as USB, but app mode doesn't work for me unless I hook up the digital hdmi connector and chose digital hdmi in the smartphone settings.

Does anyone's app mode work with just usb1 hooked up? With just the lightning cable Or maybe I wonder if the unit they are showing in the video has had an update to make it so you don't need the lightning adapter with hdmi.

I'm confused now lol.

He's using an iPhone 4 device which requires the USB setting. i5 devices require a different setting and the digital adapter.

I figured I'd give it a try, I grabbed my sons iPhone 4 downloaded all the apps, paired Bluetooth hooked it up to USB1 and it still doesn't give me apps.

Latest iOS software on his phone too so I don't think it's that

I'm gonna call pioneer wait 35 min on hold again lol and try to see what the deal is.

I think in this case you needs Pioneers RGB to 30 pin connector

That's not what the video suggests, the video shows selecting USB, not the converter. I've been trying to call pioneer, it's busy busy for the last hour

The videos are not playing over USB. The video is using an i4 for the demo and it requires the USB/30 pin connection just as everything did before the i5 devices were released requiring the digital adapter.

Yup you are correct, I called pioneer and they said same thing, however my sons iPhone 4 took forever to get working the first time, after they helped me get his working it worked after that pretty quickly