AVIC411.com

8000 NEX Bluetooth issues

I've had the 8000 in my Tundra truck for about a week now. Generally quite happy with it. Very excited about the Carplay announcement.

I am however seeing issues as one would expect with a new product. One issue in general has been Bluetooth connectivity.

If things work, they are fine, but I find that the auto-connect is fairly unreliable and I usually have issues getting Pandora or aha started up via BT.

Anyone else seeing these? I assume this is just a thing needing love in the coming firmware release(s) and knowing I'm not alone would help in that regard.

Had another interesting issue today in that when I started up Pandora from the 8000, music started coming from the phone, but not the 8000. The settings were all appropriate.

Then I tried Bluetooth Audio and that worked. Playing back Pandora sound, that is. Then back to Pandora on the 8000 and it worked again.

This is an iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1 installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this resolved.

The gist of it is the issue was the phone.

I fooled myself into thinking it was the 8000 by testing using another phone just at the edge of the WIFI at my house, so a very poor connection made it appear I was having bluetooth issues.

My phone was tested once and thought fine, but I had it tested again and it failed. Not certain if it was software or a bad bluetooth card in the phone, but in any case the phone was replaced and everything is working fine now.

Happiness achieved.

I'm haveing a problem where the 8000 wont let me use the siri voice commands with out manualy going into my Iphone 5 bluetooth settings and reconnect the bluetooth connection again even though it already says it's connected. Also is there a way to give permate  perrmission for a program to have access to the 8000 system for example Pandora or am I doomed to have to hit allow every time I choose use a mode on the 8000?

I'm haveing a problem where the 8000 wont let me use the siri voice commands with out manualy going into my Iphone 5 bluetooth settings and reconnect the bluetooth connection again even though it already says it's connected. Also is there a way to give permate perrmission for a program to have access to the 8000 system for example Pandora or am I doomed to have to hit allow every time I choose use a mode on the 8000?

I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth, I've used the radio for about 2k miles now, and no you must keep hitting allow for those permissions

Ok... Of course after I posted my reply my bluetooth started going crazy... it's now not auto-connecting, I have to manually re-connect it even though the option is set to ON.

Beezle said it was his phone that was the issue. He replaced the phone and it works fine. Maybe it can be your phone??

Beezle said it was his phone that was the issue. He replaced the phone and it works fine. Maybe it can be your phone??

That did work for me. But we were not certain the issue was phone vs. software.

If you are having these issues I did, I would recommend backing up your phone, then restore the phone to the plain iOS, set it up as you need to then try that. If you sync contacts, etc. it isn't too hard to put everything back without restoring from a backup.

If that doesn't work, I'd take the phone in and have it tested. But I would guess that cleaning up the software on the phone will actually fix it.

Things worked great for awhile but now it is back to not automatically syncing with the Bluetooth on my iphone 5 and the 8000. It shows on both the phone and the 8000 that there is a connection but I still have to manually re-connect the device to work. Does any one know if this might be happening because I have to many things hooked up to Bluetooth?