AVIC411.com

WELL LONG LIVED THE CHRYSLER

Forgive what may be an obvious question but do you or the police know when the stolen vehicle report was made with the police?  

Or was it just reported to their insurance company.  

I'm just curious to know if it was before or after the time of accident.

A few years ago my parked vehicle was relocated (probably by a non-permit holding movie production company or other wrongful tow) in the Lower East Side a few blocks south of Houston street.   After failing to find my parked vehicle I assumed it was stolen, so I called the insurance company and they said call the police for a incident #.  The police met me at it's last known location and documented everything including time of theft & time of report.   Shortly after that I found my vehicle by chance - parked several blocks away with nothing missing and no damage - but obvious signs of an intruder existed.

Do you think you could identify and describe the driver who appeared drunk to the police?

Forgive what may be an obvious question but do you or the police know when the stolen vehicle report was made with the police?  

Or was it just reported to their insurance company.  

I'm just curious to know if it was before or after the time of accident.

A few years ago my parked vehicle was relocated (probably by a non-permit holding movie production company or other wrongful tow) in the Lower East Side a few blocks south of Houston street.   After failing to find my parked vehicle I assumed it was stolen, so I called the insurance company and they said call the police for a incident #.  The police met me at it's last known location and documented everything including time of theft & time of report.   Shortly after that I found my vehicle by chance - parked several blocks away with nothing missing and no damage - but obvious signs of an intruder existed.

Do you think you could identify and describe the driver who appeared drunk to the police?

Thats the thing. I called the police right away when it happened. As for the when the owner reported the car stolen. I dont know. Im hoping the investigator puts two and two together. And yes I know what he looks like.

Thats the thing. I called the police right away when it happened. As for the when the owner reported the car stolen. I dont know. Im hoping the investigator puts two and two together. And yes I know what he looks like.

Wow - if the other car owner is lying about the theft they're going to be in even bigger trouble.  I hope the cops / investigator figure it out & move quickly on this too.  

Now I have to come to work 1/2 hour late and leave 1/2 hour early everyday. I gotta get home before the wife leaves to school and work and little man gets dropped off. Its just a inconvience and stressful situation. Looking into ZIPCAR in the meantime while my truck gets fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy took the key fob. It was push start. There was house keys. I spoke to the guy before he ran off. When the police arrived they ran the plates. NYPD said it wasnt reported stolen. All the hassle. SMH. Well thier insurance just called me to schedule an adjuster to come monday to look at the truck. 

My insurance is waiting for the Investigation to be over.

That's complete BS! They should start taking care of you immediately; you should only be out of pocket for your deductible. Later on, if they manage to recover from the guy that hit you and/or his insurance company, they should refund your deductible to you. Leaving you stranded without a car is bogus.