AVIC411.com

Does Z1 "flasher" work with N3?

Hey everyone, new user here - just trying to get educated. I've been reading up on Ducatiboy's "flasher" circuit, and was wondering if this technique also works on the N3. It seems like the 2 devices have the same sort of protection, except the N3 also has a swtich that could work but involves removing a "void warranty" sticker.

Anyway, my car (Porsche Boxster) has a larger than 2DIN opening and no aftermarket bezel is available for it, so I'm thinking I might have to go with a 1DIN unit (N3) for it to not look out of place.

Please let me know if this mod will work with the N3 as well. Also, is the speed sense wire required to be hooked up? Doesn't the navigation determine speed from the GPS readings? I have no idea how to get a speed signal from my car. The gauge cluster is all digital. Thanks,
I don't have an N3 or know anyone who does. Did you post this in the N3 section of this forum? I'm sure someone there could flash their headlights when they start the car to see if that bypasses anything. I would bet it doesn't. My understanding is that only the Z1 works with this flasher.
  • 3 weeks later...