AVIC411.com

Different EQ Settings for different sources

Apparently the answer is no. you have to manually change the EQ you have after each source change. The Z150BH said it would store the EQ setting for each source (just like the source volume sync feature), but it never worked. The 8000nex didn't even mention the ability the have custom EQ settings per source.

I set up custom eq and change my selection depending upon the source, basically I use the powerful settings and customize that, one for aha and pandora, and then again a different setting for iPod and sd card. Pandora and aha needs more mid and bass and iPod needs more treble and little bass bump for my liking. My recommendation is to make small adjustments, listen for a bit and see what you enjoy more. It took me a few days to get how I enjoy my sound.

I'm more of a heavy metal, slow rock listener, but I do enjoy me some Adell too.

Having the eq settings one touch away is absolutely a great idea pioneer selected to do.

I set up custom eq and change my selection depending upon the source, basically I use the powerful settings and customize that, one for aha and pandora, and then again a different setting for iPod and sd card. Pandora and aha needs more mid and bass and iPod needs more treble and little bass bump for my liking. My recommendation is to make small adjustments, listen for a bit and see what you enjoy more. It took me a few days to get how I enjoy my sound.

I'm more of a heavy metal, slow rock listener, but I do enjoy me some Adell too.

Having the eq settings one touch away is absolutely a great idea pioneer selected to do.

Thanks for the recommendation Tekki... it definitely does make sense tweaking it one notch at a time and if I like the change, move to the next section.