AVIC411.com

NEX 6000 with backup camera

I installed an NEX 6000 in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.  Everything is working great except my backup camera.  I'm using an iDatalink harness and the Maestro box.  On the HU the purple/white stripe wire is designated as the backup camera wire.  I connected the one from the HU to the iDatalink harness.  I installed my camera and connected the power wire to the positive wire of my backup light on the Jeep.  I'm not getting anything on the HU.  What am I missing?  The Pioneer manual said to connect the purple/white wire to the wire of the vehicle that changes voltage when placed in reverse.  Should I have connected the purple/white directly to the tail light wire as well?

I don't know about the idatalink, so the install may be different. However, generally speaking, the purple/white wire is the reverse sensing wire, attach it to the backup light also. Plug the camera's RCA (probably yellow) into the camera input on the NEX (I think brown, look at the manual).

Well this is embarrassing.  I did read the instructions, I knew where the RCA plug for the back up camera went, but some how or another in the 6 times I've pulled that head unit out of the dash I managed to plug it into the wrong plug.  I pulled it out yesterday and as soon as I saw it I knew what I'd done.  I also found out why people couldn't hear me on the phone any more.  The mic cable had gotten pulled out.  All is right with the 6000 now, except Appradio. 

Well this is embarrassing.  I did read the instructions, I knew where the RCA plug for the back up camera went, but some how or another in the 6 times I've pulled that head unit out of the dash I managed to plug it into the wrong plug.  I pulled it out yesterday and as soon as I saw it I knew what I'd done.  I also found out why people couldn't hear me on the phone any more.  The mic cable had gotten pulled out.  All is right with the 6000 now, except Appradio. 

I can understand why this happened as I did the same thing, there is a yellow cable on the radio that is labeled backup camera.