AVIC411.com

Pioneer Complaints... Etc

I've read a few complaints on this 8000nex unit and I must say ppl for the most part are overreacting. The Ui is excellent. The sound? Flawless.... The maestro connection? Possible with a later firmware update. Appradio? Needs to be improved but still a nice addition. I love this unit. I've seen other units out there and they can't hold a candle to the 8000nex. Be mindful that with every unit there will be drawbacks, flaws. Kinda senseless to nitpick at every one. This unit overall gives you the most bang for your buck. Just one members humble opinion.....post-115528-0-54121700-1398078408_thumb.jpg

I've read a few complaints on this 8000nex unit and I must say ppl for the most part are overreacting. The Ui is excellent. The sound? Flawless.... The maestro connection? Possible with a later firmware update. Appradio? Needs to be improved but still a nice addition. I love this unit. I've seen other units out there and they can't hold a candle to the 8000nex. Be mindful that with every unit there will be drawbacks, flaws. Kinda senseless to nitpick at every one. This unit overall gives you the most bang for your buck. Just one members humble opinion.....attachicon.gifimage.jpg

When you've spent a grand or better to install a head unit, it's not unreasonable to expect it to work out of the gate as advertised. It's not unreasonable to expect a feature they've promoted for several years (AppRadio) to actually work.

I believe that if I were Pioneer, I'd be embarrassed that with half the investment, one could take a new Nexus 7 and beat even the NEX's feature set.

But the system as a whole is great or am I being too much of an optimist? I read some reviews and because one feature of this radio either doesn't work or isn't operational they trash the entire unit. That to me isn't a fair assessment of the 8000. Someone show me a radio that does everything this one does and more and I'll invest.

But the system as a whole is great or am I being too much of an optimist? I read some reviews and because one feature of this radio either doesn't work or isn't operational they trash the entire unit. That to me isn't a fair assessment of the 8000. Someone show me a radio that does everything this one does and more and I'll invest.

I agree with you the radio is amazing, fast and beautiful. One function is not going to stop me from using the rest of it. It would be nice tho.

Drenyce311 I agree with everything you said. One function is not gonna make or break this radio. Here's another thing to consider.... The new 9 inch Alpine that everyone is raving and drooling over? There's a site that says when it comes out the MRSP will be about $2500?!?! No thank you. I'll pass and keep my 8000....