AVIC411.com

I'm trying to get AppMode working with my iPad3 using a 30-pin digital av connector using hdmi / USB port 1 and it either:

• Doesn't do anything.
  • Sometimes the app connects, but the radio doesn't.
  • Sometimes the Radio connects but the app doesn't.
Any suggestions? Is this just not meant to work?

T.I.A.

P.S. HDMI does mirror the iPad when in HDMI mode really well. Guess who's SlingBoxing to the NEX????

Awesome sling is idea :) kudos

Is your ipad connected to USB 1, and you have chosen digital adapter in smartphone setup, all should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

next wrinkle:

have the cdiv202-av cable installed. I have to say that the apple VGA to lightning adapter has a painfully short cable and that lightning extension cables stupidly expensive, but that's not the wrinkle. Just a complaint.

What I'm experiencing is what an 'incompatible USB' error message when plugged into the vga lightning adapter but not when plugged into the stock lightning cable that's plugged into that is plugged into the downstream USB cable coming from the cdiv202-av cable. only when that cable is plugged into the apple VGA adapter and the output of that adapter. 

I've read that previous models in 2013 showed this error and that a firmware update came out to address it.  Is there an iPhone 5 related firmware update for the avic-5000 nex? Pioneer's nigh unto useless website does not seem to indicate a firmware update is available but I felt my search results were inconclusive.

next wrinkle:

have the cdiv202-av cable installed. I have to say that the apple VGA to lightning adapter has a painfully short cable and that lightning extension cables stupidly expensive, but that's not the wrinkle. Just a complaint.

What I'm experiencing is what an 'incompatible USB' error message when plugged into the vga lightning adapter but not when plugged into the stock lightning cable that's plugged into that is plugged into the downstream USB cable coming from the cdiv202-av cable. only when that cable is plugged into the apple VGA adapter and the output of that adapter. 

I've read that previous models in 2013 showed this error and that a firmware update came out to address it.  Is there an iPhone 5 related firmware update for the avic-5000 nex? Pioneer's nigh unto useless website does not seem to indicate a firmware update is available but I felt my search results were inconclusive.

In smartphone settings do u have the apple adapter selected when your plugged into the apple adapter, and then when you just use USB you have USB selected in smartphone setup

Awesome sling is idea :) kudos

Is your ipad connected to USB 1, and you have chosen digital adapter in smartphone setup, all should be good.

Slingbox works great! Yes: USB1 and DigitalAV mode, but it's not happy. iPhone4 works using same setup, same cables, but not the iPad3. :?  

The reason why the ipad3 is not working is because you need a stronger outlet to power the ipad. If you noticed at home that you cant charge the ipad using the computer, you have to plug it in to the wall outlet to charge the ipad. maybe someone else can chime in.