AVIC411.com

AppRadio Auto-allow for apps? Any help Appreciated

I apologize if this topic has been asked and answered dozens of times before.  I spent about 2 1/2 hours trying to find the answer both on this website and on Google, but came up with nothing.  In fact, I made an account here specifically so I could ask the following. So here goes:

I have an AVH-X2500BT and an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.0.4.  I haven't had the opportunity to Jailbreak it yet, but I previously had an iPhone 4 where I did, so I'm familiar with the process.

I'm looking for a way to automatically allow certain apps when connected to my headunit.  Its really annoying- as I'm sure you all know- to have to select "Allow Pandora" or "Allow AppRadio" or whatever every time you switch between apps.  I'm certain there's a way to do it, I just don't know how. Probably a Cydia app or something.

If there is already a topic clearly explaining the process, I'd be most appreciative if someone could post a link to that here too.  As I've said, I really did make an effort to look, but I couldn't find anything.  

Any help at all is graciously appreciated.

ADDITIONALLY
Anyone know how to disable iPod autoplay?  I'm starting to really get tired of the opening notes to Aerodynamic, and that makes me sad.

Thanks!

I can't help with your first question, but I have a suggestion for auto play. I too get sick of hearing Ed Sheeran's "A-Team" when my music starts up. I haven't done it yet, but I plan to add a song to my library that's 1 second of no audio. I plan to title it something like "aaaaaaaaaaa", by "aaaaaaaaaa". That way, when autoplay decides to go to the fist song in my library, it will just be a 1 second quiet passage before shuffling to the next song. 

First question: Im not sure how my unit paired with my phone does it(x5500bhs w/ iphone 3gs) but I never have to allow or do anything on the phone itself. Maybe AppEx has something to do with that or not, running on ios 6.1.3. Ive just uploaded a video on youtube of my app mode setup if you wanna have a look..(  

)

Second question: I dont know if you use the iphone 4s as a dedicated device for the appradio or not, but from my experience you only get the ipod mode auto play when connecting the phone AFTER you power on the unit. if its already connected when powering up then you get the last selected source. My phone is always connected so not a problem for me.

You can launch one app on connection of your radio (Bluetooth) using activator which will get you by one of those allow messages. I use it for pandora. After that you are on your own. I also have a swipe gesture set up to launch the appradio app which is easier than hitting allow on the lockscreen. Not ideal but helps a little.

Activator will do nothing for auto allow without AppEx.

It is not true: I use activator to activate bluetooth and AppRadio, connect the phone with the cable. Disconnecting the phone with the cable activator locks the phone.

without appex.

aah, nevermind, I got it... so simple... I'm so stupid...

Activator -> Anywhere (will work on Lock screen only anyway) -> Power -> Connected -> Unlock + launch AppRadio

PS. VBlue42 why are you so negative man... chill ;)

Now I remember why this didn't jump out at me right away as something I should have already known, and that it is an old solution that proved to be unreliable. I have tested this and do not get consistent results. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. I'll keep testing it to see what the hang up is. I will say it is certainly better then nothing if you can't use AppEx.

Now I remember why this didn't jump out at me right away as something I should have already known, and that it is an old solution that proved to be unreliable. I have tested this and do not get consistent results. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. I'll keep testing it to see what the hang up is. I will say it is certainly better then nothing if you can't use AppEx.

in ios 7 seems stable! ;-)