AVIC411.com

AVIC-6000NEX problems

Hi,

I just installed an AVIC-6000NEX in my toyota sequoia 08 and I am having a couple of problems. maybe one of you can help me. I thank you in advance....

I replaced a Jensen VM9424 that had the camera and the AM radio working just fine.

my problems are:

I only get a black image from the camera, the camera is connected to the brown connector in the back of the unit, not the hanging yellow one that also says camera. I have tried three different cameras two that I know work and a new one I just bought of ebay to test. I know I am getting voltage to the purple wire that says reverse when I put the car in reverse, I used a fluke to test it and the unit goes into camera when I put the car in reverse. I am using the same wire to power (+) the camera, the camera is grounded at the liftgate.

the last camera i received, I connected directly to power (no reverse) and ground at the same screw that all the fuses ground to under the dashboard.

Is there anything I need to change in the configuration of the unit to make this work? should I factory reset the unit? my next step (which I am trying to avoid like the plague) is to reinstall the Jensen and see if everything works and then send this unit for repair (which will suck because I've had it for less than 3 weeks)

the other problem is that the AM reception is basically non existent, I am using the same antenna that I had plugged into the Jensen even though the car has two antenna plugs (one is smaller and does not fit the antenna connector).

is there anything I can do to improve reception? I don't see anywhere in the unit where you can select local or DX for the reception either.

let me know if you need more information or pictures.

thanks a lot for your help,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed an AVIC-6000NEX in my toyota sequoia 08 and I am having a couple of problems. maybe one of you can help me. I thank you in advance....

I replaced a Jensen VM9424 that had the camera and the AM radio working just fine.

my problems are:

I only get a black image from the camera, the camera is connected to the brown connector in the back of the unit, not the hanging yellow one that also says camera. I have tried three different cameras two that I know work and a new one I just bought of ebay to test. I know I am getting voltage to the purple wire that says reverse when I put the car in reverse, I used a fluke to test it and the unit goes into camera when I put the car in reverse. I am using the same wire to power (+) the camera, the camera is grounded at the liftgate.

the last camera i received, I connected directly to power (no reverse) and ground at the same screw that all the fuses ground to under the dashboard.

Is there anything I need to change in the configuration of the unit to make this work? should I factory reset the unit? my next step (which I am trying to avoid like the plague) is to reinstall the Jensen and see if everything works and then send this unit for repair (which will suck because I've had it for less than 3 weeks)

the other problem is that the AM reception is basically non existent, I am using the same antenna that I had plugged into the Jensen even though the car has two antenna plugs (one is smaller and does not fit the antenna connector).

is there anything I can do to improve reception? I don't see anywhere in the unit where you can select local or DX for the reception either.

let me know if you need more information or pictures.

thanks a lot for your help,

Sam

I too have an 08 sequoi,

Here is how I did mine I ran a wire from my reverse lamp light to the reverse wire on my nex.

I also ran a wire from accessiors to power my camera, this way as soon as i turn the key, my camera is powered, I didn't like the little delay when it was powered directly from reverse light.

You also have to go into settings, camera and turn on reverse camera, that is probably why you still have black screen

I too have an 08 sequoi,

Here is how I did mine I ran a wire from my reverse lamp light to the reverse wire on my nex.

I also ran a wire from accessiors to power my camera, this way as soon as i turn the key, my camera is powered, I didn't like the little delay when it was powered directly from reverse light.

You also have to go into settings, camera and turn on reverse camera, that is probably why you still have black screen

I had this same camera working with the previous stereo. I didn't change the connection to the camera, I just plugged the RCA to the brown connector on the 6000, connected the reverse to the pink wire (i think), when I go into reverse, the receiver switches to camera mode, so I know that connection is good.