AVIC411.com

What happened to the good deals?

A couple weeks ago when I first started looking at the 8000, Amazon had it for about 980, and then it slowly dropped to about 950, now it can't be found for under 1050! Where did the good deals go? Did all the folks looking for carplay buy all the stock? Knew I shouldn't have wasted time. Amazon sales tax starts in Florida in just over a day!

I bought mine last week for $980 from Amazon (fulfilled by CrawfordSuperStore), my order sat for 4 days not getting shipped and the price jumped up to $1050, then the unit disappeared altogether from their store... they just finally shipped it last night... supposedly it'll arrive Friday.. I was skeptical I'd get it, but looks like it's on its way.

-Keith

I bought mine last week for $980 from Amazon (fulfilled by CrawfordSuperStore), my order sat for 4 days not getting shipped and the price jumped up to $1050, then the unit disappeared altogether from their store... they just finally shipped it last night... supposedly it'll arrive Friday.. I was skeptical I'd get it, but looks like it's on its way.

-Keith

Ahhh you are the other person who I was told bought from Crawford, and we both are on top of the list to get them shipped.  The order sat there for a few days, until I emailed Saturday them to find out the status, and then was told to call on Monday (28th) to find out what was up.  Liza (Lisa) turned out to be helpful, but I too am still a bit skeptical until I have it in my hands, and powered up and working in my truck. 

Ahhh you are the other person who I was told bought from Crawford, and we both are on top of the list to get them shipped.  The order sat there for a few days, until I emailed Saturday them to find out the status, and then was told to call on Monday (28th) to find out what was up.  Liza (Lisa) turned out to be helpful, but I too am still a bit skeptical until I have it in my hands, and powered up and working in my truck. 

I don't blame you on being nervous.  I'm still going back and forth between ordering from Crutchfield or Amazon.

Over on the Subaru Forester forums BigEasy026 got his from Amazon through Crawford.  He said it came in on time and was flawless and works.  I pointed him to these forums because he tried doing the relay bypass and told him he needed to just ground the parking wire directly and follow the official bypass thread.

Here's his post and it has a picture of the 8000NEX installed http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/3415681-post13.html

I don't blame you on being nervous.  I'm still going back and forth between ordering from Crutchfield or Amazon.

Over on the Subaru Forester forums BigEasy026 got his from Amazon through Crawford.  He said it came in on time and was flawless and works.  I pointed him to these forums because he tried doing the relay bypass and told him he needed to just ground the parking wire directly and follow the official bypass thread.

Here's his post and it has a picture of the 8000NEX installed http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/3415681-post13.html

I was told the "issue" was in the warehouse, it was listed as in stock, when in fact it was not, and they had to wait for a new shipment to arrive which would have been the 29th.  The other guy says his will arrive Friday, but all I have received is a tracking number. I check the tracking, and it says it has not arrived at the UPS shipping facility to give an estimated delivery date. 

-Keith

I ordered mine too from the same guys. The tracking number i received said item will arrive Friday too. Been waiting for a long time for this item to get shipped.

Is there a list of "authorized dealers" where Pioneer will honor the warranties?

Here is what Pioneer lists on their website for online dealers: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy/Pioneer+Car+Audio+Video+Authorized+Internet+Dealers

You can also look for retail stores near you on Pioneer's website: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy

Yep! Liza is the one who told me it would be shipped by the end of the week, UPS says it will arrive tomorrow. I'm going to buy a Squaretrade warranty for it since the Pioneer warranty is void from this reselller.

Seems like buying the squaretrade warranty ends up making any discount you get mostly moot!  It's quite expensive.

Not at all.. I got a quote for $129 for a three year warranty from Squaretrade, two years more than Pioneer's and I still saved a little over $300.

Did you wind up receiving yours? I just tracked mine because I hadn't received any updates and the last scan shows it was in Jacksonville, FL 2 days ago is now "Delayed due to severe weather" with no expected delivery date. UPS can't tell me where the package is or when I can expect it. Gotta love it.

Did you wind up receiving yours? I just tracked mine because I hadn't received any updates and the last scan shows it was in Jacksonville, FL 2 days ago is now "Delayed due to severe weather" with no expected delivery date. UPS can't tell me where the package is or when I can expect it. Gotta love it.

I could imagine the anticipation. I checked every hour. until it arrived. I said to myself that I would install it on the weekend. I couldnt. I work nights and sleep through the morning. But once I heard that doorbell. I was like kid in candy store. I stayed up and installed it. LOL