AVIC411.com

Cables required for NEX8000

I'm getting ready for NEX8000 install and looking for some feedback on cables I need.  Basically, 1 USB port would be for my USB flash drive that has all of my music.

The 2nd USB port...I would want something that is interchangeable between Android and iOS devices.  It would take advantage of Mirror link, or Appradio, etc. I'd imagine that I need to get another USB Male to Female adapter.  I already have MHL adapters and Lightning to DV adapter with the high speed HDMI cable.  Getting the CD-MU200 gets me the USB A to Micro B cable, so I should be covered there.

Anything I might be missing?

I'm getting ready for NEX8000 install and looking for some feedback on cables I need.  Basically, 1 USB port would be for my USB flash drive that has all of my music.

The 2nd USB port...I would want something that is interchangeable between Android and iOS devices.  It would take advantage of Mirror link, or Appradio, etc. I'd imagine that I need to get another USB Male to Female adapter.  I already have MHL adapters and Lightning to DV adapter with the high speed HDMI cable.  Getting the CD-MU200 gets me the USB A to Micro B cable, so I should be covered there.

Anything I might be missing?

I would get a 2nd USB extension cable and run both to an easy location that you can connect your devices to.

Remember usb1 is for iPhone app mode and USB 2 is for android app mode.

Look at the installation manual posted in ine of the threads to see your connections options.

I just got the 5000 and I have some quick questions: after finding out that the Apps won't work without a hardwired cable, I am in the process of getting one. This will plug into USB1 on the 5000 and then I can finally get Apps, right???  I already have the AppRadio app on my iPhone5.

I have an old iPod that has lots of songs on it, can I just plug that into USB2?

Thanks drenyce311. Yikes talk about too many cables back there. In addition to the CD-IV202AV I suppose I have to get  an Apple Lightning to USB cable, plus the Apple Lightning to VGA adapter right?

What's the VGA for???

The 5000nex doesn't have a hdmi port. So you will need to use the RGB connection in the back along with USB1 to get the app radio to work. The pioneer cable connects to usb1 and rgb (yellow) plug which then converts to a VGA port. Then you plug in your adapter to the VGA port.

My brain exploded...please run that by me 1 more time so i get it!

CD-IV202AV cable 1x (got that)

Lightning to VGA cable from Apple (got that)

Nothing else??

How does iPhone5 connect to the Pioneer cable? via USB to Lighting adapter cable (also Apple?)

My brain exploded...please run that by me 1 more time so i get it!

CD-IV202AV cable 1x (got that)

Lightning to VGA cable from Apple (got that)

Nothing else??

How does iPhone5 connect to the Pioneer cable? via USB to Lighting adapter cable (also Apple?)

Look at the installation manual posted on the forum, it will help you visualize and have an understanding a little better.