AVIC411.com

Navigation Updates

So It's been a while since I had a Pioneer deck and wondering if we can update the nav database to include more POIs. I took a trip to my local guitar center, which has been at the same location for 10 years, and the NEX wanted to send me all the way to Brooklyn instead of going to the store 10 min away. 

I think I was able to easily update the POI on my Kenwood years ago. Is it possible here? 

I believe so, there is a new phone app coming called AVICSYNC that will enable map updates, and probably POI as well. It is the "network connected" portion of the device that has yet to go live. If you go into your nav settings you will see a couple of icons like "weather" that say "cannot connect to wifi" and thats apparently what AVICSYNC fulfills... somehow... will know more when its released.

I also read somewhere that we get one free map update. If thats true I may wait a while to use my freebie, if thats allowed.

i work as a sound editor and there is a GC down the street from me. The place is a nightmare and they are idiots! every time it need something in a pinch i roll down to GC to listen to the village idiot tell me i should be doing it a different way or that their mic selection is better then any other local shops. although i have purchased a few things from them because i had to. i would rather shop online and not deal with anyone!