AVIC411.com

Sd card movie stutter

I have about 20 movies and don't have any problems. I first formatted my sd card with a dedicated program, then most of my movies are mp4.

In the manual it recommends formatting with a dedicated program from sandisk or the like. I would do it and then recoups to ur card. Play it on the computer and then check it on your nex.

I will try formatting and copying it again. It's not always the same spot, so I don't think the movie is corrupt. It almost seems like something is hogging the receivers CPU when it happens.

On another note, I'm surprised pioneer would limit the size of the card to 32gb.

This issue could also be caused by the media file itself.  

What is the File Type / Extension?

Do you know which Audio/Video codecs are used?

What 's the Resolution?

And what are the Audio / Video Bitrates?

Say something if you need an assist getting this info?

This issue could also be caused by the media file itself.  

What is the File Type / Extension?

Do you know which Audio/Video codecs are used?

What 's the Resolution?

And what are the Audio / Video Bitrates?

Say something if you need an assist getting this info?

I downloaded a digital copy of metallica through the never via the code in the blueray box. It is a .mov file....about 2.5GB

I downloaded a digital copy of metallica through the never via the code in the blueray box. It is a .mov file....about 2.5GB

I don't know what OS you're using but can you download mediainfo (google search / cnet download / etc) and forward the answer to the questions about codec, bitrate, and res?

Your file maybe outside the documented tolerances. 

I think the problem is indeed the file itself.

Mpeg-4:  Okay

Codec QT: Quicktime Codec isn't documented as compatible codec, but it likely resembles Mpeg2

Overal Bitrate 3,836 kbps:  Is probably too high

Video Bit Rate 3,701 kbps:  This value exceeds documented max video bitrate of 2.5 Mbps

Video Resolution 1248x702:  Documented Max Res is 400x240 so the NEX has to work to scale the image down / also consuming CPU.

Audio bitrate 128kbps:  I didn't see any NEX documentation about limits for this (at first glance)

Audio Codec AAC:  Okay

----

Format didn't change anything, but I think I have localized the problem. It seems the problem starts when I play with the slider to change points in the movie. 1 or maybe 2 times seem ok, but 3 or more the problems starts. With a normal movie, it's probably not an issue, but I'm zipping around to play specific songs in the concert. If I hit stop twice and kill the resume point, it's fine again when the movie restarts. Even if I skip to the point where it was having problems, it will play smoothly. Maybe discovered a bug, so can anybody mes s with their slider and see if it happens? I will let it play tomorrow without using the slider and see what happens. I'll report back...

Format didn't change anything, but I think I have localized the problem. It seems the problem starts when I play with the slider to change points in the movie. 1 or maybe 2 times seem ok, but 3 or more the problems starts. With a normal movie, it's probably not an issue, but I'm zipping around to play specific songs in the concert. If I hit stop twice and kill the resume point, it's fine again when the movie restarts. Even if I skip to the point where it was having problems, it will play smoothly. Maybe discovered a bug, so can anybody mes s with their slider and see if it happens? I will let it play tomorrow without using the slider and see what happens. I'll report back...

Speaking as a software developer -

I wouldn't consider your movie stutter experience to be a bug unless it could be reproduced with a file that satisfies the documented criteria for Media compatibility.

Just my .02 FWIW