AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Pairing Priority on AVIC-8000 (and possibly all NEX devices)?

I'm curious if anyone has any insight on this.  I now have three devices setup to pair with my AVIC-8000;  my phone, my wife's, and my son's phone.   When you go to the bluetooth connections screen, it lists them in order, my phone occupies the #1 slot, my son's is in the #2 slot and then my wife is in the #3 slot.  This reflects the order which I paired the devices.  I always assumed that the order in the list would determine the priority which phone would be paired if all or two of them are present, but that appears to be not the case.  After running some tests, I have found that sometimes my wife's phone pairs first and sometimes my son's when booting up, but rarely will my phone pair first!   So now if all three of us are in the truck together, it's random who's phone gets connected.   I would prefer it to connect to mine.   Looked through the owners manual and see nothing on this.   Just curious if there is something obvious I am missing.  

Uh boy - that's a real bummer.  

From the doc it says: 

"Connect the Bluetooth device manually in the following cases: 

* Two or more Bluetooth devices are registered, and you want to manually select the device to be used, ..."

Maybe they'll provide a solution to this problem in an update.  It sure sounds like a good feature request though - something like select primary Bluetooth option or simultaneously connect to all Bluetooth devices.

None of the obvious workarounds are good in my view:

1 "Um, guys ... you wait here while I go start the car.  Every time!"

2 Manually establish the Bluetooth connection.  Every time!

3 Pair just one device.

---

I haven't paired multiple devices yet but I intended too and now I need to rethink those plans.

Unless someone else has a better idea - I'd strongly suggest contacting Pioneer about this (I just did).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/AboutPioneer/Contact+Us

Good suggestion, I will contact them.  I think I was looking for some validation that I wasn't missing something obvious first.   One solution would be to make the pairing priority match the order in the device list, so it looks for device #1 first, then #2, and so on.   Then they also need to make it so you can reorder the list, which you currently cannot do.   Since my son's phone was occupying the #2 slot as the second device I paired, I tried deleting it.   Now my wife's phone is in the #2 slot.  Interestingly enough, when I then re-added my son's phone it went back to #2 and bumped my wife to #3.  I have not shared this with her yet.  :)