AVIC411.com

Hey!  I'll be receiving my AVH 4000NEX later this afternoon and was wondering if anyone here had one already?  I'll post some pics, videos, and a review once I have mine installed.  Prior to purchasing the unit I compared it to the other NEX models and the biggest differences seem to be the lack of built-in NAV and capacitive touchscreen.  Since Carplay is coming soon I figured why spend the extra $300 for built in NAV that I'm sure won't be any better than Apple Maps.

Feature Comparison I did between the 8000,7000, and 4000.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwRPItehSMwU3MzOGNKRzZnM0k/edit?usp=sharing

I have a 4000NEX.  I just replaced a JVC that a neighbor broke when he threw a rock through my rear window and it hit my HU.  I guess I was lucky in a way, because now I'll be able to have Car Play.

post-95508-0-84380700-1399071235_thumb.jpg

post-95508-0-37394200-1399071260_thumb.jpg

I actually replaced it with a Clarion 400nx with navi.  Then a couple days later Pioneer made the announcement of Car Play.  So out came the Clarion for a return and I ordered the 4000NEX.

I also added a panel mount HDMI to go along side of my panel mount USB.  My truck is a 2001 Silverado, so I had to do the 2003-and up dash swap to go from 1.5 din to double din.  Glad I did the work.  I like how it turned out.  Now just waiting for Car Play.

post-95508-0-95922500-1399071439_thumb.jpg

post-95508-0-14894300-1399071449_thumb.jpg

post-95508-0-97837000-1399071454_thumb.jpg

I installed the 4000nex in my 4Runner and I really like it, except the Bluetooth connection is finicky. The connection isn't very reliable and if using a nav app that routes directions over Bluetooth, the sound quality is terrible and because the connection is slow, it will cut off some of the speech. The crappy stock radio did A LOT better than this one. Only reason I don't complain more is because I envision Carplay will resolve this for me.

Is anyone else having trouble using Appmode?  I'v got the HDMI cable, Apple USB/lightning cable, and the apple adapter and can't get it to work.  I've downloaded several pioneer approved apps onto my phone.  The only thing that seems to work is Pandora.  I've also noticed that I can't use the HDMI input.  If I want to listen to my iphone I have to use the USB port.

Just installed this unit in a 2010 Camaro. Very happy with the look and sound. Didn't need nav since app radio lets me use my nav from my Galaxy S4.

I have this unit installed in my 2014 Camaro.  I love it and can't wait for carplay.  Which dash kit did you use?  I have the metra kit but I am kinda digging the scosche kit with the touch screen climate controls.

I had this installed in my 2002 Nissan Maxima.  I use it with my 5s.  I really like the appradio and waze apps.  My only issue with the setup is that I have to go thru several steps to get it to start up properly.  I cannot hook up my phone, start the car, and have everything ready in a few minutes.  Instead I have to start the car, wait for the NEX to ask me to connect the phone, click the nex Okay (about not doing this while moving), click Allow on my iphone and sometimes having to unlock the phone as well to allow icarplay to start, click ignore on the nex, click ok on the nex, and eventually appradio will start.  This takes about 1-2 minutes total and way too many button pushings.  

I like the BT setup with the phone and using Siri for doing all the voice commands.

Just to fill out the rest, I have mine setup using my steering wheel controls for volume up/down, track up/down, and mute.  As well as a backup camera.  Overall a great improvement over the original radio.

I have this unit installed in my 2014 Camaro.  I love it and can't wait for carplay.  Which dash kit did you use?  I have the metra kit but I am kinda digging the scosche kit with the touch screen climate controls.

I went with the metra kit also. I like the scosche too but I went on the camaro forums and they had hundreds of complaints about the kit interfering with the TPS and limiting the range of the key fob.

I went with the metra kit also. I like the scosche too but I went on the camaro forums and they had hundreds of complaints about the kit interfering with the TPS and limiting the range of the key fob.

Yeah, that's what made me choose the Metra.  I just hope idatalink gets on the ball and makes it compatible with our cars.  Then it will be perfect.