AVIC411.com

I installed the pioneer brand camera. The quality is only okay. I actually think the angle is a little too wide. I only half way set up the parking lines by setting them to match the lines in my work parking garage. Install isn't that hard but you have to know how to find the reverse bulb wire so you can trigger the camera. The best thing about the pioneer camera is that it always has power so you can see the camera anytime you want -- you can set others up this way too, just have to be intuitive in setup.

How is the image quality day and night?  Was it easy to setup the grid lines?  How hard was the install?

Image quality is pretty good, despite the colors being off.  Green=purple.  I sent it back and the second one was the same way.

The grid is built in on the camera w/o any adjustment so I had to turn off the Pioneer grid.  You can "adjust" the grid by tilting the camera before you lock id down via a set allen screw.

Night time is pretty good because of the 10 IR led's on the unit.  Looks like a spotlight in the camera at night.  I wired mine hot to the ignition so that if I wanted I can monitor the camera w/o being in reverse.  My last radio a JVC was easy to do this.  The Pioneer has a very odd way of doing it.

I have the visiontechamerica BOYO VTL275HDL installed.  Comes with a small 4 way control that allows you to change the zoom, turn on the LED lights, etc. Clarity in daylight is pretty good.  The LEDs saturate the image at night making it tough to see - there are some adjustments but I haven't tried those yet.

I have the visiontechamerica BOYO VTL275HDL installed.  Comes with a small 4 way control that allows you to change the zoom, turn on the LED lights, etc. Clarity in daylight is pretty good.  The LEDs saturate the image at night making it tough to see - there are some adjustments but I haven't tried those yet.

I installed the same model this weekend.  I have an 06 Mustang and the issue I'm having is that the camera seems to be slightly off center even though it's centered on my plate.  The image quality is also not that great IMO.  Then again I maybe expecting too much.   What kind of car do you have?  

i have a boyo backup vamera. i lined up the 5000's lines with the boyo lines, pretty cool looking. i am running it to 6 speakers thru a 6 channel amp at 150 clean to each speaker. i then run  the sub out to a 1000 watt sub with custon box in the back of my 2500 mega cab. basically trashed my super cool, stock alpine upgrade, 9read that, it sucks0

nex4000

i have a boyo backup vamera. i lined up the 5000's lines with the boyo lines, pretty cool looking. i am running it to 6 speakers thru a 6 channel amp at 150 clean to each speaker. i then run  the sub out to a 1000 watt sub with custon box in the back of my 2500 mega cab. basically trashed my super cool, stock alpine upgrade, 9read that, it sucks0

Do you still have any hearing?

• 3 months later...

The pioneer manual states, sdhc cards (32gb max), because sdxc cards are formatted exfat, and if you reformat to fat32 or ntfs, you have a great chance of data corruption. It is because of the controller built in the card. That being said, there are people who have reformatted and stored music 1 time and had the head unit only read. The problem arises when you write and rewrite. There are several posts about this.

The pioneer manual states, sdhc cards (32gb max), because sdxc cards are formatted exfat, and if you reformat to fat32 or ntfs, you have a great chance of data corruption. It is because of the controller built in the card. That being said, there are people who have reformatted and stored music 1 time and had the head unit only read. The problem arises when you write and rewrite. There are several posts about this.

No, what you're referring to is some folks formatting SDXC cards with FAT32 partition, using utilities like Fat32Formatter. In that case, one would expect problems as if the receiver unit writes data expecting standard FAT32 FS. Situation is different here as NEX supports NTFS (that, Pioneer correctly states in their manual), and the SDXC card is formatted in proper NTFS. I have not run into any issues so far with hundreds of media files on my 256GB SDXC card.

SDXC cards can be reformatted to use alternative file systems. For example, FAT32 supports volumes up to the SDXC's maximum theoretical capacity of 2 TB as well, and technically it can be used in a SDXC host device that can handle volumes larger than 32 GB, if the device can support the card's file system.

However, in order to be fully compliant with the SDXC card specification many SDXC-capable host devices are firmware-programmed to expect exFAT on cards larger than 32 GB, and consequently may not accept SDXC cards reformatted as FAT32, even if the device supports FAT32 on smaller cards (for SDHC compatibility). Therefore, even if a file system is supported in general, it isn't always possible to use alternative file systems on SDXC cards at all depending on how strictly the SDXC card specification has been implemented in the device, and it bears a risk of accidental loss of data, as a host device may treat a card with an unrecognized file system as blank or damaged and reformat the card.