AVIC411.com

AVIC-5000/6000/7000/8000 NEX Feature Requests

I wonder if it makes sense to start a feature request topic/thread?   It's a great way to share and consolidate ideas and provide a single place for the manufacturer's engineers to look for feedback, if they so choose.  Of course, as highctech pointed out in another post, we should also use their own customer feedback portal at http://www.pioneerel...neer/Contact Us.

For me, two simple requests I would make, and have already made through the "Contact Us" portal:

1. Bluetooth Pairing priority determined by the order of the device list in connections menu and the ability to reorder that list.

2. Option to add Home and Work navigation entries as short-cuts to home screen with one-touch launch of navigation route.

For me I would like to see 2 things changed

First I would like seperate connection options for the two USB ports

2nd I would like to get rid of the Allow clicking on the phone

Those are the 2 big things for me.

I would like to add that when using nav, and you arrive at your destination the nav actually stops your route, it sucks you have to go in and cancel the route

Agreed!   That's my beef in general with nav interface, it just seems like too many taps to do things, and to your point, end things as well, such as routes.  

To be clear, I am very happy with my AVIC-8000 and the navigation interface.  It's pretty slick and works really well.  A few tweaks like what's being discussed here would be great though.

I would also like some limited ability to customize steering wheel command inputs.   My the channel up and down buttons will scroll through my presets, but because the preset list is sorted low to high from top to bottom, it actually skips through the presets going down when you hit channel up.  It just feels counter-intuitive.  I would like the channel down button to scan down the list.   

Also, I have to hold about a second or two for it to actually scan through the presets rather then just do a frequency scan while listing to the radio.  I would like to reverse this.   I would like to press the button without holding it at all to scan through presets.  If I want to scan radio frequencies, press and hold.

One more thing and then I'll shut up for awhile :)

I would like it to remember separate theme, background color, and illumination settings for the buttons when the headlights are on vs. off (nighttime vs. daytime mode).   It does automatically dim the screen, but that's all.  

It would be cool to be able to set daytime button color to white, and nighttime to red, for example.   Also, I would like to be able to choose a different color theme for the screen for daytime vs. night.

I have only had pioneer radios in my cars since im 16 any of them that had Bluetooth I was able to charge one phone via usb port and still stream music with another. while I have only had one other avic (D1) yeah its been a while I remember the navi interface being much more user friendly. such as an icon on the map screen for destination and after touching that icon you had everything right there such as POI, Near me, where am I, and yes one touch home and work icons. I feel the whole interface could be a little more user friendly.

AZjack im not expert but I think your steering wheel control problems would be more the steering wheel control interface you're using then the actual radio. im using the axxess aswc-1 and it funtions perfectly also any radio I've ever used you would have to hold the arrow/scan button for a second or two for it to seek the next available channel so that's pretty much standard on any radio