AVIC411.com

Is the Pioneer desc. of a grill unit same as front panel?

Hello Avic community, I am new here and have been researching some information on parts and mods and had questions about how Pioneer parts are labeled and described.

I picked up a second hand Avic-X710BT from a friend of mine for next to nothing because it had a dead spot in the touch screen. Thanks to the folks at pacparts, getting a replacement will be easy, however my newly acquired unit has an unsightly gouge in the front panel.

Seeing as how I will have the unit apart to replace the touch panel I might as well replace the front panel but I am having a difficult time sourcing one.

I looked at Pioneers parts website and there is no part described as "front panel". I took it one step further and stated doing google image searches for most of the parts available on Pioneers website and from pacparts wondering if Pioneer just used a non conventional parts description for what I call the front panel and thought doing image searches would result in a positive result. No pictures were found that show the front panel.

I came across a part labeled as "Grill Unit" and was wondering if anyone in the community knew if front panels were labeled as grill unit in Pioneers parts list. The part I am curious about is the CXE1629, does anyone know if this is a front panel?

Thanks for your interest and responses.

Well after being on hold with Pioneer 45 mins. and sending 3 emails last week, they finally got back to me... And the answer is yes they are the same but different.

I'll share what they told me, grill unit is simply the front panel without guts.

Thanks to the 20 that viewed my posts and took interest enough in my dilema to read it.