AVIC411.com

Going from AppRadio 3 (SPH-DA210) to AVIC-8000NEX

I just bought the AVIC-8000NEX and I cannot wait to install it but I have an AppRadio3 (SPH-DA210), I had the AppRadio2 and I just swapped the unit without additional wiring changes. 

Do you think I would be able to do the same on the AVIC-8000NEX? Does it need special wiring? The setup I have right now has a switch that bypasses the handbreak and I already saw the thread with the software bypass. I have the steering wheel controls working on the AppRadio3 but nothing as fancy as what I have seen the iDatalink - Maestro seems to do.

Will I be able to do the same as before or the shops are going to try to charge me a lot of money to install it like anything I already have would not work? :o

They used only the new USB cable, I do not know why. I need to read the manual, the voices in the Pioneer map are driving me crazy, they are too loud, also I have to configure the app radio screen, the menu items are taking too much space.

btw, the software bypass worked.

Edit: nevermind, I watched the youtube videos  :shock:

I switched from an Appradio 2 to an Appradio 3 using the same plug, it worked no problem.  I just switch from my Appradio 3 to the 8000NEX, and while the plug will fit, it is missing the VSS wire for GPS.  You may be able to get by without it, but I'm thinking GPS won't be as accurate.  I swapped mine out just to be sure.

I switched from an Appradio 2 to an Appradio 3 using the same plug, it worked no problem.  I just switch from my Appradio 3 to the 8000NEX, and while the plug will fit, it is missing the VSS wire for GPS.  You may be able to get by without it, but I'm thinking GPS won't be as accurate.  I swapped mine out just to be sure.

Which is the VSS wire ? I am new to this :oops: