AVIC411.com

New to this forum but maybe I should have been here last year!  

I have two SAAB's my old 2002 model has a 310BT installed and has worked perfectly since installation.  Prompted me to buy another Pioneer unit when we purchased a 2007 Aero Last year.  Yes I love my SAAB's!

I originally bought from Future Shop  (same company as Best Buy) a 940BT, and as the original Best buy install by Geek Squad was so professional I went back the the chain expecting the same results.  Er not so.  The installer candidly told me, after  he had finished the install (a full wasted day),  that neither he nor the tech support at head office, had any idea how to get the integration with the steering controls wired and or working.  Shrek! why the hell  they took on the work in the first place beats me.

Found a sound shop in Mississauga Ontario where I live (http://ultraautosound.com/) who do amazing work but, up front told me that they had not had success with installs into SAAB in the past, but due to the information I was supplied  on the install from SAAB central forum they undertook to fix the Future shop work.  they did.  After a trip out west last year and poor functionality of the 940 Future Shop swapped it out for a 950BH which works perfectly.  Not so the car integration. 

After a  few visits (to Ultra) to fix the steering controls I am back now to where NONE of the steering controls for the Pioneer work.  I have booked the car into that store for them to investigate and fix I hope.I do not question the capability of Ultra to do the work it seems it is a combination or the electronics for this car and the operation of the control box and the radio to the car

My question is has anyone had a similar experience of, or know what the answer is to get this beast working?

Any and all information I can take to the shop on Friday will be gratefully accepted!

x541SWiRC-F.jpegA similar control unit for steering wheel controls.  This was installed by Ultra but would I hope be the correct unit for my car/radio.  I know it is PAC but not the model type they installed.

• 1 year later...

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1200&CategoryID=29

I am dealing with the GMLAN integration as we speak. I just bought an Aero Convertible with 13K on it. The unit you need is the SWI-CP5. Here is the link to the product. I have the steering wheel paddle shifters as well.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1200&CategoryID=29