AVIC411.com

App mode and maps

Well I've played with app mode for the past couple cause cause the nav couldn't find some addresses I've had to go to the past few days for work so I used waze which found all the addresses I needed, so did apple maps and google maps, just not on the nex, and I searched several different ways, intersections, towns, townships etc.

I sorta like waze but would rather use something else I don't like the goofie ui, but the features I do like and it's very fluent in app mode and control from the nex.

I don't like that I can't use SD CARD MUSIC when using app mode though, I was forced to use the car play app, not too bad but I have different music on the SD CARD the I do on my phone.

Played with weather and stuff too, app mode is really smooth to work, but i also HATE and I mean HATE that if I minimize app mode on the phone that it sorta disconnects from app mode on the the nex, have to hit allow again to reopen

Just some thoughts

I think when in app mode, like running waze or something, when you adjust the volume, you will see tabs and an app volume control on the right.  This allows you to select the audio source.  So you can do HD radio while running an app.

It's odd though that you also seem to have to turn the app volume all the way down because it doesn't seem to switch the app volume off like it does the HD radio.  For example, if you're running iHeartradio app, you have to turn the app volume down, which appears on the right as a volume up/down push button, then select the HD radio tab for example to select it.  I have not tried other sources like the sdcard.

This is on my 4000nex.

if you in app mode why would you think another function would work??

Why shouldn't it work? On my OEM car stereo I can play music while I use the nav system. On my desktop PC I can play music in the background in Winamp while I use Microsoft Word in the foreground. Nowadays computers are kinda expected to multitask. :)

Ok so yes I can play sd card music, after I switch to app mode and get the app going, I had to raise the volume, so tab would pop up on the screen for whichever source i was using last, then click that tab and music starting working again FROM THE SD CARD.

Thanks for the help,