AVIC411.com

Troubleshooting Reverse Display

Love my NEX-8000, but the place that installed my radio had trouble getting the rearview camera to work. The thing triggers, but nothing but black displays. They tried other cameras. Any troubleshooting ideas while they wait to hear back from Pioneer?

Love my NEX-8000, but the place that installed my radio had trouble getting the rearview camera to work. The thing triggers, but nothing but black displays. They tried other cameras. Any troubleshooting ideas while they wait to hear back from Pioneer?

Did they try connecting your camera or another composite video source to your secondary camera / aux input?

Connect the violet/white wire to your reverse light, and don't make the mistake of plugging the camera into the yellow RCA Dongle, the reverse camera plugs directly into the RCA connector on the nex.

You should consider using a different installer from now on. If they can't get something this common to work, they don't know what they're doing (especially if they're plugging it into the wrong RCA input).

I had trouble with camera, all I got was a white screed and then and figured out it was a defective camera.He

OP mentioned that they used different cameras. I think the trigger wire wasnt hooked up to the unit. Reverse trigger wire from steering column or positive trigger wire from taillight needs to be hooked to back of unit. I had the same problem. I hooked mines up the way the camera instructions tell. Positive to positve trigger on light. Black to ground. and video cable to signal. It didnt work for me. Than I realized that I saw a wire for reverse trigger in the back of the unit. And when i hooked up the wire to the back of the unit. VIOLA!!! IMAGE popped up. Also make sure the polarity settings is turned to BATTERY.