AVIC411.com

8000 NEX shuts off when I receive a phone call on iPhone

For some reason when i receive a phone call the call shows up for a second on my Nex screen and then the system just shuts off. I'm usually connected on Digital adapter mode with bluetooth on my iPhone 5s running Appradio. When my screen shuts off I'm forced to answer the call using my steering wheel and my phone shows me who is calling like it normally does. Any ideas why this is happening? I would rather just answer calls using the Nex screen like I'm suppose to.

FWIW, I saw similar behavior when the NEX was attempting to draw more current than the power supply could provide to it. When the current draw steps up (e.g. when initiating some new function in the hardware like answering a call) the voltage sags and a brownout detector and/or a circuit breaker kicks in and shuts off the power.

In newer cars the power to the head unit is fed through a third party wiring harness that talks to the vehicle communication bus and turns power to the aftermarket head unit on and off; it's possible that this adapter is not able to supply enough current to properly power your 8000NEX. On my benchtop power supply I have seen the 8000NEX draw in excess of 2A at times.

Again, FWIW.

Thanks so far guys. Ughhhhh sucks, I have a Chevy sonic 2012 btw so it's a newish model car. I guess i'll have to take it to the installer and see what they can do about wiring the power. So far everything else has worked fine. Any other ideas or help will be most appreciated.

For some reason when i receive a phone call the call shows up for a second on my Nex screen and then the system just shuts off. I'm usually connected on Digital adapter mode with bluetooth on my iPhone 5s running Appradio. When my screen shuts off I'm forced to answer the call using my steering wheel and my phone shows me who is calling like it normally does. Any ideas why this is happening? I would rather just answer calls using the Nex screen like I'm suppose to.

Does your issue happen when only using AppRadio?

What do you mean by "system just shuts off"? Do you mean that it literally has no power -and- can perform no function?

So I did some more testing today and I fixed it. I deleted the bluetooth settings in the car and in my phone and reconnected everything. Now calls come on my screen instead of the screen just going black. I assumed it was powering off or maybe going to sleep mode because when I was finished with the call my splash page would come up again and I had to wait for the home page to come up. Weird Fix but hey it works now.