AVIC411.com

Update X930BT via TestMode or HackMode

Ok so some of you have probably seen my issues, but I'll highlight here.  I have an X930BT and have tried updating my splash screen...can't do it.  Tried updating to the 2012 upgrade...can't do it.  Tried updating to the 2013 upgrade today...can't do it.  All of these come back with an update failed.  The map upgrades get to 99% before they say it.

I believe that there is some type of write/permission issue that my unit has that is preventing any of these from writing to the internal memory.  However, using test mode I am able to copy/paste files as needed.

So my question is this:  Is there a way to decompile what the automated process is for these map upgrades, and copy the files myself using test/hack mode?  At this point (2 years trying), I feel that this really is the only way.  Additionally, is there a way to change the splash screen via test mode?

Thanks and much appreciate any responses!

• 2 weeks later...

You have the patience of many men. 2 years? I would've replaced the unit a long time ago. 

Based on your other threads, this honestly sounds like a hardware issue. You mentioned in another thread you were going to send the unit in to Pioneer for service, did you end up doing that? 

Page 95 of the service manual (http://www.4shared.com/get/MZxz6Cbg/avic-x930bt_service_manual__en.html) talks about something like that, "Program Forced Write" seems to be a way to do a software update via testmode. I've never used it though, so I'm not really sure. 

Yeah...I've wanted to throw it out the window several times.  I didn't end up sending it to Pioneer because I didn't want to be without any type of stereo in my car for the XXX months they would have it, only to tell me it was somehow my fault.

I appreciate the info...I'm going to look into that.  Do you know which files would need to be copied over to the unit in order to perform the update?  Or does anyone else on here know what process the update takes?