AVIC411.com

While waiting for all the parts needed for my insyall to arrive, I have been playing with my 8000NEX on the bench and aleady run into an issue: there is an apparent bug in the AppRadio mode as illustrated here. In a nutshell, most of the apps running in AppRadio mode have horrible display glitches whih make those apps unusable. The Waze app is the only exception I have found so far, as it appears to be working just as intended.

I already found one other person who is experiencing this same issue on an AppRadio 2, so I'm guessing the bug is in the AppRadio app as opposed to the firmware in the 8000NEX. In reading through the commens for AppRadio on the Google Play app store, it sounds like there are tons of bugs in the AppRadio Android app; I actually feel kinda lucky that the particular issue affecting me is relatively minor by comparison. :)

Any of you guys run into this problem?

APP RADIO SUCKS BALLS. I think the majority of us NEX users dont use it. I know I dont. But were all waiitng for CarPlay from apple. Well us Apple folks. I was excited about app radio and when i tried it i said to myself "what is this crap?"

I agree, only thing I've really used is Waze cause couple job sites I've had to go to weren't in the Nex, new roads, like just paved last week new. Waze worked fine but would rather it be full screen

Other than waze I don't see me using anything else.

Welcomes And awaits Car play

For Apple users app mode certainly isnt perfect but it far from sucks. If it werent for all of the stupid safty prompts you had to go through it would be much better. I use it daily without issue. Carplay certainly will be welcome but I dont think people realise Pioneer will likely build inconveniences into useing it that will likely hender its greatness.

I'm not an Apple user.  I use App-Radio Unchained so that gives me full access to my Android UI.  My only AppRadio complaint is the mess of cables (HDMI+USB into Adapter + micro USB into cell) occupying so much space.  I'm seriously thinking about putting all those wires (adapter et all) behind the dash.

Mirror Link is something I haven't tried fully (initial wait time was too long).  In addition to Waze I stream video to entertain passengers and myself if I'm not driving + everything else I use my phone for.  But I do keep the text and email to a minimum (or not at all) if I'm driving of course.

I don't think it's too much to ask to have Pioneer's $1400 flagship actually work the way it was designed to work. Since this model is still new I'm hopeful they will address these issues and get it all working right in time.

I haven't given up hope yet. :)

I agree, I don't think Pioneer will *ever* "fix" appmode.. I don't even think they can, I think it's an Apple limitation they purposely put in place for "security" purposes to ensure apps don't launch other apps without your consent. I think with CarPlay since it's an official API, it'll be a lot smoother and like you said will dominate the space for Apple devices at least. It makes me wonder if the companies who supported AppMode at first and pulled out did so because they knew CarPlay was coming and why continue development on a dying technology.. at least dying on the iOS side..

-Keith

App deveolpers have pulled out or began charging for App Mode control because the ratio of people using their apps with the AR products are almost neglagible compared to users who use their apps stand alone. And dont think Pioneer wont apply restrictions upon Car Play in a manner similar to the restrictions they have placed on App Mode. Pioneer is still liable for what you do with their units regardless of what feature your using them for. All this being said, Theres nothing really wrong with app mode besides the annoing promts and interaction with the phone required to use it. That and the limited app options.If they would just stop being so paranoid and just allow you to use it without all the baby sitting it would be a pleasure to use.